Cheap Stabicraft

Introduce yourself, talk about beer, crocs, headlines, dugongs or Paris Hilton.
ratchet
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Cheap Stabicraft

Post by ratchet »

I love the Stabicraft
Recently sold a dinghy version
Saw this on gumtree
Looks very cheap. Maybe it’s the white engine?

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/humpty-d ... ios_social

mickkk
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: Cheap Stabicraft

Post by mickkk »

I have pretty much the same boat, I love it.
How ever like you say, I wouldn’t be too keen on the donk. Say it would be worth 2 to 3 k.
I also wouldn’t be too keen towing one on single axle. And the trailer looks a little small. But say that’s worth 2 k too. Seems like there isn’t any electrics as part of the sale.
So is the hull worth 22k. Well I would prefer this hull over the 1850 hulls. There seems to be an extra 150 mm of internal beam and the consol is about 100 mm skinner. In my boat I can sleep one each sid3 of the consol. But you would have no chance on the 1850’s. I don’t really know why they did this, i think it must be to sell more 2050’s. Hence why I’m repowering my boat. I hope to never sell it, I really love it, not too big to tow to areas like cobourg etc, but will handle like a much larger boat in the crappy conditions. You have the confidence to head wide.

But in saying all that, I would say that’s a bit rich for the hull. When I bought my boat a few years ago, the hull was resprayed. It had a checker plate casting deck (that casting deck does not look factory) and I reckon it cost me about 15k. (Cost me 34, with a near new voyager dual axle trailer worth 9k, and a 115 yam which only had 330 odd hrs on it probably worth 10k, had bugger all electrics)

I have heard romours that this hullhas had a lot of work done to it, as it was cracking up in the cross members. Pm me and I’ll let you know what I know so you can look into it more.

Hope that helps
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mickkk
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: Cheap Stabicraft

Post by mickkk »