Baitcasters

Young_gun_fisho
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Baitcasters

Post by Young_gun_fisho »

For the upcoming build up I'm looking to get a new baitcaster to upgrade from my casitas 150 hg. The reel I currently have my heart set on is a daiwa tatula HD 200, looks good and I like the extra line capacity. My mate who has a daiwa hrf PE special has also said that the daiwas cast further than shimano. Does anyone have experience with these reels, or any other recommendations? My main needs are that the reel should have reasonably high line capacity and it should be good for saltwater use.

Gibbsy
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: Baitcasters

Post by Gibbsy »

I’ve got one mate, casts well with T wing but as do all daiwa a with T wing system. Has been good found drag a little low on bigger fish. Have had abit if bubbling on finish after 2 years. I’m going to be looking at the new rego 4 range the inshore has heaps of drag and plenty of line capacity and same bearings as tatula best bet go and have a play with some reels in shop work out what you want out of reel and what feels most comfortable. Good luck mate
mako
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by mako »

Daiwa tatula HD 200 is the best baitcaster i have used, great for casting light lures.
Young_gun_fisho
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Thanks for that, will have a look. Other reel with extra line capacity that I was looking at was the quantum smoke HD, appears similar to the tatula in line capacity.
al57
Seadog
Seadog

Post by al57 »

mate i have 2 quantum smoke reels ,the best is the latest smoke S3 .it is a gun of a reel ,i have shimano chronarchs and a diawa zillion as well as a couple abu s .the smoke range is right up there with quality and line capacity .they cast brilliantly and have great drag .well worth a look . spent a full 3 days recently casting it up at mondy and didnt miss a beat ,i fish hard a lots and lots of casts in that time .
al57
Seadog
Seadog

Post by al57 »

also they a great for the salt as well a mate uses his 3 all the time up in the mary river system here in hervey bay
Young_gun_fisho
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Thanks for that, will compare it to the tatula