G Tech Reel

Acsle
Silver Member
Silver Member

G Tech Reel

Post by Acsle »

Hey guys, I recently come across/heard about a Japanese reel which goes by the brand name G Tech. I haven't found anyone in the NT who sells them, and I have haven't found much information in regard to anyone in Australia selling them. The reel from what I have seen so far seems pretty impressive, and the size 4000 SW model specifications can be found below. I have made a contact with a guy from Malaysia who says they are better than the Shimano Stella.

METAL BODY AND ROTOR
GEAR RATIO 5.2:1
13+1 BALL BEARINGS
LINE CAPACITY
0.260(2.5) 200M
0.285(3.0)180M
0.310(3.5)150M
max drag 14kg
13+1 BB
GEAR RATIO 5 2:1
JAPAN

I'm just wondering if anyone else has come across this reel, and if so what was it like?

I Wish
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: G Tech Reel

Post by I Wish »

After a quick google they seem pretty damn cheap.

Buy one and let us know what they are like.
STANDY
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by STANDY »

Nothing is better than a Stella for spinning reels. Own a Stella 4000FE and tried many before stopping at the best.

( I'm known as a gear junkie by many on here )

Done a bit of research
Website tells me nothing
One claim of made in Japan and nothing else on any of there products or even a made in Japan on there website ( means made in China and designed in Japan ) just try to find out where they are made.

Most of the brands are all made in Malaysia and are not worried to mention it

As said cheap so worth a go, just be mindful parts and service are questionable when needed.
A Fish in the Boat is Worth Five in the Shop.
Acsle
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Acsle »

yeah I'm tempted to buy one. I'll test it out. If it's any good I'll post a few videos up on YouTube. I have to say though. I have had multiple Malaysian fisherman tell me this reel is a beast. I also read a review whereby the author claimed they have 20 kg of drag power.