Revo ,zillion or new HRF

ponyplay
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Revo ,zillion or new HRF

Post by ponyplay »

Hi was after bit of advice , in market for new baitcaster. Iv been running zillions for couple years now and wondering if any ones got experiences with the ABU revo big shooter (compact) reels they would like to pass on . Very happy with my zillions just exploring other options before I spend the dollars.
Iv noticed a lot the revos iv been looking at online state they are the Japanese models , are these any different or just a sale pitch ?
I also see daiwa have released a new HRF model looks very impressive :) Any advice or experiences on the above would be great :mrgreen:

NTFizzer
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: Revo ,zillion or new HRF

Post by NTFizzer »

stick to the jap built zillions - proven work horses.

This might be the HRF your talking about? It sure to represent good value but nonetheless built to a price. After handling the jap zillions I would expect it would feel like compromise in one hands as well as not go the distance.

http://japantackle.com/casting-reels/da ... 00197.html
scottmac
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: Revo ,zillion or new HRF

Post by scottmac »

I had a Revo a couple of years ago and whilst not a bad reel it corroded on me big time. So much so that I couldn't pull it apart without breaking it. I'm not real anal with my gear, but hose them off after each trip and my trusty old Chronarch which sat side by side on every trip is still good as gold all these years later.