Storm mojo

HMP
Silver Member
Silver Member

Storm mojo

Post by HMP »

G'day I was wondering if anyone has tried the storm mojos? I was wondering how they would go up here?

Cheers

BarraMick
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: Storm mojo

Post by BarraMick »

Don't have a mojo but use the gomoku range for reef fishing and they work great for lite jigging. The mojo would be good for flicking small poppers on 10lb or so. You will also cop a ribbing from your mates for using a bright yellow rod.
HMP
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by HMP »

I already cop it mate, I was reading about gomoku and that lead me to the mojo. But was a bit sceptical if you got a big jack or Barra, how it would hold
khai
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by khai »

I just picked up one the other week. Have yet to really test it out on a decent fish but they certainly look the goods and has a fair amount of pulling power for the size. Plan to use it flicking small metals, plastics etc to barra, queenies, trevalley, mostly land based.

A couple of things I would mention are that it is intended as a bit more of a casting rod, hence the short butt compared to the gomoku's, however it is still pretty short (6 foot) and it will not cast as far as a longer rod if distance is an issue. To me it seems pretty well suited as a kayak type rod. Next is the guides are tiny, so if you're using heavy leader this could be an issue for your knot to pass through easily - the solution would be to use a short leader that doesn't pass through the tip, or to get good at tying a ultra low profile PR or FG knot. Finally it feels more like a bream rod with a pretty light tip - you would probably struggle with the big minnow-type lures (barra classics, reidy's etc) if that's wht you're using for barra and jacks.