All rounder spin reel.

balou
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

All rounder spin reel.

Post by balou »

I'm after some recommendations on all rounder spin reel to go on venom 1-3 bottom bashing or a gloomis pro blue for casting.

I love my daiwa with a few saltigas certates ,Capricorn and blast spin reels already in the stable. I leaning towards a daiwa 4000 size but happy to hear some recommendations on a shimano 6000 size. It will more of a back up or lend out combo so I'm I have a budget of 350-400.

Tropic been flogged abit but I looking for info on current models

Daiwa Caldia JDM
STRADIC c4 +
Rarenium c4+
Sol 2
Sustain
Etc

Thanks

jeffish
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: All rounder spin reel.

Post by jeffish »

Gday Tran
I'm looking at getting a new 4000 size reel and very keen on the
Rarenium Ci4 . I've got the 2500FA and for such a small reel it
punches well over it's class. Just can't fault this reel ,even done
battle with big skinnies and tuna.
The only thing might be the retrieve ratio , think I'd like something
a bit faster if I was targeting tuna , but I don't do a lot of that anyway.

cheers
Fish Tank
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Fish Tank »

Shimano Biomaster 5000 SW :mrgreen:
balou
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by balou »

Jeff , those 2500 size shimanos are tiny so you are doing well mate to get a hook up on the tuna. My daughters uses a cheapy symetre 2500 on 5 ft rods and it holds just enough line and have just enough drag to stop a meter size Jewie. I have been blown away a few times though.

If want speed go the daiwa blast in the 4000 size (250 mark) from memory 1.38m per turn of the reel. Not bad for the money but awesome retrieve speed.

Why you like the rarenium over the stradic? ( better bling factor with stradic :D )

Fish tank the bio looks like a very sturdy looking reel.

Anyone using Caldia, sol 2 and sustains
deepblack
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by deepblack »

Balou,
I think all bar the Sustain don't come in the 6000 size you are considering, may I suggest a 6000 Saragosa or wait for the new FK Stradic.
Cheers,
John.
North Shore Reel Service 0400494401.
NBN
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by NBN »

Fish Tank wrote:Shimano Biomaster 5000 SW :mrgreen:
x2.

The Biomasters have similar vitals to the old FE Sustains, which in my opinion were/are one of the best mid level spin reels Shimano made. You can definitely grab one within your budget if you shop around. I don't reckon you will lend it out too often though......
tristan.sloan
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by tristan.sloan »

Though I would throw my 5 cents into this argument. Have you thought about the 3500 Penn Spinfisher V reels?

I own a 650 model which I use for spinning for tuna and mackerel, its got a great retrieve 5:6:1 and pulls a beastly 14kg of drag....not that I've ever needed that much. Its a real workhorse and I've caught a ton of fish on mine including a 20kg jewfish and a couple of decent amberjack

anyway the 3500 is a great little reel, sure its not as pretty as the Biomaster or as light but penn reels last forever and for your budget you could practically buy 2!
jonr
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by jonr »

Bio master sw -they are solid as. Same gear as old twin power.

Also new stratic will be too far away.

Jon
Basstad
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Basstad »

Daiwa Catalina.........pricey but very good.
AJay
Seadog
Seadog

Post by AJay »

I've got a sustain 5000, great reels I reckon, mine even survived 4 hours underwater on a sandbar out of dundee after the missus forgot to flip the bail arm chucking slugs for skinnies and threw rod and reel overboard. Went for a walk after the tide went out, grabbed it and rinsed the sand out and caught some more fish on it that day, didny service it till a couple months later and had no signs of corrosion or signs of water getting into the internals of the reel at all.

Caught shiteloads of tuna on it to the point I roasted the drag, got new carbon drag washer/s and shes good to go. Ive been thinking about going one of the bigger ones for a while but my saltists are still going strong so no need yet
STOKESY77
Seadog
Seadog

Post by STOKESY77 »

Shimano FJ Stradic 5000 small size, very smooth action, nice and light, 10 kg drag :mrgreen:
Give a man a fish, You'll feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish, You'll feed him for a lifetime!
BarraMick
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by BarraMick »

4000 symetre - $140.00 - you already run the smaller ones so know what they are like.
just about all i use for bottom bashing out dundee (gulping / drifting). and tuna chasing.
have 1 that is 3 years old now cops an absoulte flogging. still as good as new.
have another 2 that are 2 years old. just the same - good as new.
Fish Tank
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Fish Tank »

Just checked out the Saragosa 6000. Looks the goods
olfart
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by olfart »

Okuma Salina 3 5000. :D
" YOUTH is a GIFT "
"AGE is an ART "
"Doesn't mean you get any smarter..just wrinkled and cracked".

"No angler watches nature in a passive way...He enters into its very existence." (John Bailey...Reflections on a Waters Edge)

"Govern a Family as you would catch a small fish....Very Gently." (Chinese Proverb)

"Only those become weary of angling who bring nothing to it but the idea of catching fish." (Rafael Sabatini...1857-1950)

I pray that one day God sends me a fish so big that, when talking of it...I have no reason to lie.
seado32
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by seado32 »

I had a rarenium 3000 until i lost it overboard :banghead: Loved it!!! 2 spools could fish light and with 10kg of drag could also use it to fish much heavier. Retrieve would be the only issue and the 4000 i think has 13kg of drag. As soon as i have the money i will be buying another.