Suzuki Corrosion Issue

trent
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Suzuki Corrosion Issue

Post by trent »

Anybody with an older model Suzuki (2000? - 2007?) as well as some Johnsons (same engine just painted white) if your not already aware of the corrosion issues with a steel plug screwed into the exhaust port (unused O2 sensor ) you might want to check, I had been checking mine regularly over the last couple of years as i could not remove the plug, seized solid, well it finally blew out without causing any damage, speeking to marine mechs all said can be welded or replace the engine holder- $$$$, ended up getting it welded by George at NT Unique, it lasted over 10 years before leaking but there are some horror stories on the net, apparently it was never an issue but they have changed the casting on the later models.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

smed
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: Suzuki Corrosion Issue

Post by smed »

Mine took out an ICU unit which made it a little expensive. Started playing up with a load of kids on board at the top of West Arm. Had to start with full choke and jam into gear, run for as long as possible, before engine would cut out. Interesting run home. Early 2006 Suzuki. The later model doesn't have the same plug, apparently.