What size boat and what size batteries?

Blinky

Find us on Facebook: Blinky's Lures
hottuna
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: 112 lb Minn Kota

Post by hottuna »

I've got a 112lb Ulterra on a 7.3m plate boat.
The Auto Deploy is cool but it's been very fickle. It's been repaired once under warranty for a faulty GPS sensor and is just about to go back in for the second time in 4 months with another round of problems.
Have 3 x 130amp on board with an onboard charger and a full day on the electric with minimal outboard use hardly touches the batteries
Bluewater Dreamin'
Blinky
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Blinky »

hottuna wrote:I've got a 112lb Ulterra on a 7.3m plate boat.
The Auto Deploy is cool but it's been very fickle. It's been repaired once under warranty for a faulty GPS sensor and is just about to go back in for the second time in 4 months with another round of problems.
Have 3 x 130amp on board with an onboard charger and a full day on the electric with minimal outboard use hardly touches the batteries
Thanks mate.
Blinky

Southy
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Southy »

Blinky everyone I know with the auto deploy has had issues with it.
Check out the Lead Crystal Batteries great bit of gear for electric motors or any motor for that matter.
Are you getting the bigger boat?
Blinky
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Blinky »

Southy wrote:Blinky everyone I know with the auto deploy has had issues with it.
Check out the Lead Crystal Batteries great bit of gear for electric motors or any motor for that matter.
Are you getting the bigger boat?
Yeah mate, I was just ready all about the issues others are having.....I might give the auto deploy the coit and go for the manual deploy in an 80 lb, with a couple of 100 A/hr batteries.

A Tomahawk 580 is close to being on the horizon.........
Blinky

jabsy
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by jabsy »

Blinky I had an 80lb Ulterra on my boat last year from before the classic up until about November? Never had an issue. Hated having to go back to the manual deploy, and will be upgrading to one next time I am rich.

A mate as the 36v Ulterra on his 7.8m Surtees, he had the 80 Ulterra on his previous boat. Only issue he had was when he was a boofhead and hit some sand in some wake in the Finniss.

Dont cheap out on the batteries, buy the best you can afford. The century Yuasa are what I have in my boat, got them cheap for $370each.... Have bought cheap AGM's in the past and had 50/50 run with them, I will stick with the dearer quality ones now.