2010 Secret Women's Business

Public and private club events - results and battle stories. And any other club news ...
Matt Flynn
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Matt Flynn »

Held on Corroboree Billabong. A women's-only fishing competition.
The Secret Women’s Business is a ladies-only fishing tournament, encouraging women to participate in recreational fishing. From novices to experienced anglers, this event is fun for all ages. Held on the Corroboree Billabong, part of the Mary two hour’s drive from Darwin. Ladies are required to launch and skipper their own boats, rig their own lines, catch and land their own fish. A catch and release competition, with eligible species being barramundi, saratoga and tarpon.

JewieQueen
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Invites??

Post by JewieQueen »

Hey all,
Who do you need to talk to to gain an invite to this comp???? I have missed out the past two years on getting an invite and would really like to do it this year.

Cheer's
It has always been my private conviction that any man who pits his intelligence against a fish and loses has it coming.

Give a man a fish, and he can eat for a day. But teach a man how to fish, and he'll be dead of mercury poisoning inside of three years.

“Fishing, with me, has always been an excuse to drink in the daytime”

"Soon after I embraced the sport of angling I became convinced that I should never be able to enjoy it if I had to rely on the cooperation of the fish."
Mud
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Mud »

Hi JQ
You could try talking to slapper1. You can find him by going to this thread

http://www.fishingterritory.com/viewtopic.php?t=21978

slapper1 was involved in the reel womens comp and Id be picking he knows a bit about the secret womens business.

also look for meterpluswannabe on this forum who was a female competitor last year. They should be able to help.
Its not a crisis unless there is blood around.
If there is blood around......well its a police matter...
meterclubwannabe
Seadog
Seadog

Post by meterclubwannabe »

Hi there JQ

The SWB is an awesome event and a really great weekend. I was a ring in on a mates team who had a last minute pull out last year so not really sure about how we enetered BUT You can find info on the comp including contact details at http://swbchallenge.com.au/ Otherwise give the Palmerston Gamefish Club a call as it's run under their banner.

Try as hard as you can to get in... the comp is awesome fun, you'll meet a great vbunch of likeminded people and get to have some serious laughs.

Hope this helps. PM me if you think i can help with any other info

:mrgreen:
Cheers MCWB
------------------------
no longer a wannabe....indaclub 15 april 2009 and stoked!
Jules74
Seadog
Seadog

Post by Jules74 »

Send an email to me with your details ie: team name, crew members and contact details for the skipper at

[email protected]

& I will make sure the co-ordinator gets it.

cheers
Some people believe that the world is flat, carried through time on the backs of 4 elephants that are balanced on a turtle, the Great Atuin
JewieQueen
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

SWB

Post by JewieQueen »

Hi Jules74

I emailed it to Slapper1 and he is handing it in on my teams behalf.

Thank you everyone for your help :) Hopefully Team Whogaff will get there this year :smile:
It has always been my private conviction that any man who pits his intelligence against a fish and loses has it coming.

Give a man a fish, and he can eat for a day. But teach a man how to fish, and he'll be dead of mercury poisoning inside of three years.

“Fishing, with me, has always been an excuse to drink in the daytime”

"Soon after I embraced the sport of angling I became convinced that I should never be able to enjoy it if I had to rely on the cooperation of the fish."
NathanL
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by NathanL »

I have been advised there are still possibly a couple of spots available in this years comp all you women out there! :catch: