2010 FFF Barra Challenge - who is in?

Public and private club events - results and battle stories. And any other club news ...
bandit

2010 FFF Barra Challenge - who is in?

Post by bandit »

2010 FFF barra challenge

Well its time again folks to nominate your entry for the FFF barra challenge. 2009 was a blast and saw a lot of good fish grace the forums. Part of the reason the comp was started was to encourage more ‘’fishing’’ related posting, which I think was achieved.

At this stage either post your nomination here or send me a PM letting me know you want to enter. I will create a master list of all entrants similar to last year and as entry fees are received it will be marked off on the list – the same as last year.

There has been some discussion on minor rule changes on the 09 comp. At this stage nothing has been changed were going to put it to the public to see what you think. If you have an idea of how we can make this comp better please post it here or PM me. The more input the better we can make this comp more successful. No point winging about it later in the year if you don’t have your say now.

Here are a few things myself and matt have been discussing:

• One rule that will be enforced more in 2010 is the date you must submit your entry. Fish must be submitted by the last day of the month and a date will be set on how long from then you must submit your barra report (eg. a week max). Matt suggested maybe a minimum of 100 or 200 words saying basically where, when, how you caught the fish. This is unless of course you are out fishing and cant do so. Where not going to be totally pedantic about it, but posting your fish and report a month late wont be accepted.

• The idea of whether or not a newspaper or piece of paper with the month written on it should be included with the brag matt shot is also being discussed. We realise people like dingo up at the tiwis may find it hard to get hold of news papers occasionally so would like some input on this to.

Most of the rules will stay the same as last year. For those of you who entered last year you will already know them, but here they are for newcomers to the comp.

1)You can submit your best legal barra each month.
2) 1 point will be awarded for every cm of fish.
3) You must submit a picture of the fish on a brag mat, sticker or tape measure -Make sure the fish's mouth is closed and up against the end of the brag mat
4) You must submit your fish before the end of the month
5) You don’t have to catch a fish a month to win - but do to complete the barra a month challenge
6) Barra may be caught anywhere, on live bait or on lures
7) You must supply the date captured, location, length and method (lure, live bait) as well as a story or preferably a link to a story you posted about your trip
8)NO PHOTOSHOPPED entries
9) if your entry is missing any of the above then it will not count
10) No pro guides
11) Newspaper in photos to prove date (remote area fishos excepted)

I think the idea of a 2 lure entry fee is the best and suggest we keep it at that. Again, if you have a better idea, make it known. Hopefully we will work on getting some more sponsors on board to make it a great comp again. 2009 prizes haven’t been given out yet but I know there is a lot there in the kitty. Matt will make an announcement at some point on whether they will be sent out by post or a small presentation or something.

The 2 Barra lures should have a value of around $25-$30. These lures will then be put back up as prizes.

This is a list of lure companies that support FFF so I would ask that the lures be in this range
DOA
Reidys
Halco
RMG
Killalure
Classic
Tilsan
Rapala
Storm
Berkley
Nils Master
Try to buy a lure that you would use yourself. Whether the lures will be dropped off or sent out will also be decided promptly and all entrants will be made aware of how they can do this ASAP.

That’s all for now. The Rules will be finalized and posted before the end of the month. And how the prizes will be distributed. Ill say it will be the same as last year, biggest fish of each month, mystery length of each month, there will have to be a prize for everyone that completes the challenge, and obviously a 1st prize and 2nd and 3rd if we have enough entrants. Again this will be finalized shortly.

SO get on board, help make this comp even better. Give us your feedback and input. I hope we have as many entrants as last year to make it a success. People who didn’t enter are also encouraged to do so. There will be plenty of prizes up for grabs so you don’t have to be the best barra fisho to be in for a shot. This is a very friendly comp and were keeping it at a social level. It is the FFF Barra Challenge – And it’s a CHALLENGE at that - to score the holy grail of 12 from 12 - as was proved this year.

Cheers, Bandit (2010 FFF Barra challenge coordinator) :drinking1:

bandit

Post by bandit »

FFF Barra Challenge Entrants Master List:

Ernie
NathanL
Gryllsy
Luke79
smoking reels
Yogi
Dingo
Pecheur
Billster
B-Unit
Gibbo
Hawkeye
muntzy
lincon
ponyplay
john d
ghound
Bullet
zulks
doors off
Mud
mac10
Buckaneer2
Brent Matthews
Max Power
moylo
OfFISHal
tonyh
adam
barralistic
Toxic
happy slave
Big Col
Ozspot
Timmo
Meter Seeker
DNO62
Moonman
Coroboreebandit
Rossco
Last edited by bandit on Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:39 pm, edited 10 times in total.
Ernie
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Ernie »

You can count my crusty butt back in CB :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Live it and ENJOY
Cant save the world from idiots as they'll just build a better one!
Wouldn't need rules if people did the right thing!
PSST There maybe crocodiles in the water
NathanL
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by NathanL »

Yeh you can count me in again dude. I might even do a proper crack at getting 12 from 12 legal fish this year. See if I can actually win something this year! :rofl:
luke79
Seadog
Seadog

Post by luke79 »

sure count me in again.. im positive i can improve on last year!
any rules put in place im happy to abide by.. within reason, i mean i dont wanna be out chasing barra in a pink g-string ya know :)
Yogi
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Yogi »

Yeh you can count me in. first year in so the following year will be the challange to better then 2010!!!!!!!! let the games begin.
Yogi

I Fish to get out of the house!!!
Dingo
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog
Location: Used to be Melville Island, now a crappy mainlander

Post by Dingo »

Bandit, great work for taking on the running of the comp. 8-) 8-) 8-)

I am definately in, it has been great fun this year. :shock: :shock: :shock:

In reagards to 2009, a few quiet beers in the next week or two for a finish up sounds like a good idea to me. I may even be in Darwin. :drinking2:

Everyone get on board, it does not matter if you only catch two fish or no fish for the year, just get on board and make it a good comp, set your own goals and have a ball. :fishy:

More the merryer. :grin:
Pecheur
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Pecheur »

Hi there,

I 'll be in, as I can not do worse than on 2009...
0 Barra in 2009, now my personal challenge is to beat that!
:wink:
And it is always a good motivation to read other people post about it.

Have a good day,
Pecheur
Billster
Seadog
Seadog

Post by Billster »

Count me in for 2010, any rules or no rules will are OK with me as will any social events.
Now to try to get some Barra on the board.
"Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero" - Seize the day, trust as little as possible in tomorrow. (Horace)
or if all else fails
"C'est la vie"-Sh*t Happens
B-Unit
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by B-Unit »

Hey Mate, Ill have a crack this year. Well done for organizing the comp again. What's the best way to get the entry fee to you?
Say No To Marine Parks!
Gibbo
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Gibbo »

Yeah count me in mate,just another good reason to go fishing
cheers :drinking1: :drinking2: :drinking3:
FISHING IS LIFE
----------------------
lar2784
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by lar2784 »

Are you entering Bandit
Hawkeye
Seadog
Seadog

Post by Hawkeye »

Yeah count me in CB, congrats on your successes in 2009 :mrgreen:

All the best for 2010 :catch: ... and the next decade.... :fishing: :fishing:

:cheers:
Tom a (hawk...eye)

Fishin again...... lookin for a meterey......
muntzy
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by muntzy »

Yep CB count me in! :mrgreen:
Cheers Muntzy
Outside of a dog, a book is a mans best friend,
Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read!!
Moonman
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Moonman »

So what happened to the Barra Challenge final get together???
I don't care about presentations or whatever, but if this is supposed to be kept at a social level, where are the good times after the event?

Surely we can come up with something? Anyone else keen?

Cheers
Moonman
:cheers: