big bucks for Barra

Public and private club events - results and battle stories. And any other club news ...
Brad the Lad
Seadog
Seadog

big bucks for Barra

Post by Brad the Lad »

seems there is going to be a huge new comp starting in the Territory this year.

interested to see how it takes off.

http://www.ntnews.com.au/article/2010/0 ... sport.html

fishing and beers,

wonder what the poor people are up to!!!
john d
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by john d »

Got an invite via emait today.
lot of money for a comp.
will be intresting to see how well it works.. :cheers:
doors off
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by doors off »

It will be a good money spinner for the local economy, I hope that the local tackle/boating businesses are allowed to be involved.

Though I am a bit sceptical, who bl..dy cares about the "state of Origin" fishing cr.p. The Barra Nats, Kakadu Klash, Corrob Classic are all iconic comps. Do we really need Septic cr.p Style stuff thrown at us up here? Seems like a bit of Southern ("I wish I was still down South where I could fish in a comp") wank dragged up here. Bit like 85 story buildings and stupid Marinas at East Point.

I hope that I am wrong, but I am allowed to be sceptical, probably opened a can of worms though.

If it is on I will be there Backing Moonman and The Bandit to kick some serious butt. 8-)

Doors Off :drinking1:
Save the Tuna - Eat a Dolphin!
max
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by max »

I dont know about opening a can of worms DO your spot on but on the plus side how good would it be to share Sampan with another 40 boats :hunting:
doors off
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by doors off »

Max,
I believe that we should serve "Chicken and Rice" to all the non Territorian competitors, :lolpoint: ala Timor.

Sampan would be easy pickings for you with those numbers.

Doors Off :drinking1:
Save the Tuna - Eat a Dolphin!
SCORE
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by SCORE »

l would of have thought that there might of have been more positive feedback :o

is $50,000 not enough......... :-?
max
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by max »

Who gives a rats about the money it could be a million bucks its less numbers on the water we or should I want, :moon: .I reckon a floating pontoon at the mouth of Sampan selling chicken and rice I will thaw the chickens now :grin:
NathanL
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by NathanL »

The $6,000 entry fee could make it a bit hard to rustle up 40 teams of dedicated territorians to compete in it.
Having said that i'd love to compete in it but getting sponsorship for that kind of money may be a bit hard considering it is positioned to start just before the Classic and the Nats.
double haul

Post by double haul »

ENOUGH WITH THE CHICKEN N RICE YOU MOB. :lol: Would have to agree mr fingers, would love to fish it but theres enough happening that time of year for me at the moment. If someone was silly enough to sponsor me id have a crack at it. As for getting locals i think there would be enough haveing ago as its hard enough getting in the nats or classic as it is at the moment let alone in another 5 or 10 yrs.
Yogi
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Yogi »

Just a quick sum 6k a team 40 teams equals 240k. 50k prize money is that Cash? or cash and product from sponsers? whats included in the 6k?

does any one know?

I think it could be a good thing for the NT but more information will need to be given. and i am asuming the persons running this are doing this as a full time Job?
Yogi

I Fish to get out of the house!!!
jonesy
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by jonesy »

Six Grand a team is a bit steep,if not ridiculus if the prizemoney is only 50k.

Sounds like they're trying to get similar series set up like down here now,with everyone trying to qualify for the ABT (?) series on tv. Everyone's going out buying those half ski/bass boat things with a 6billion HP on the back. Not all of them can catch that many fish,but they sure look good doing it,or so they think
moser
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by moser »

it's all about $$$$...240,000 of em...less prizes and expenses...can get a few new boats with the change.
Yogi
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Yogi »

There would be some change i would think, but in saying that the Nat and the Classic are simmilar in total revenue/costs when you work it out? maybe not sure some one out there might know? both those comps work out at say six days and this is planed on 5 x 2 day events i think MMMMMMMM

once the info comes we may know a little more.
Yogi

I Fish to get out of the house!!!
drifter
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by drifter »

moser wrote:it's all about $$$$...240,000 of em...less prizes and expenses...can get a few new boats with the change.
Hi Moser, you may be right, but I don't think $190k would go to far with advertising and other associated costs (filming, staff, production etc). Matt would prob have a better idea on costs. And if it generates postive publicity for the NT then may be worth it.

:cheers:
ghound
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by ghound »

Im with you Jonesy only getting a bit better than 8/1 on your money and it's going to be a fifty horse race. And some of those thorough breds would be a bit good for this donkey. Just go race 1 no 4 at Darwin Dogs Friday night all up into Race 2 no 4 and you will collect a lot easier than chasing all this these high powered Skeeters up and Down the Daly.

Ghound