Lake Proserpine

Going this weekend? Planning a tour? Need info? A fishing partner? Just ask ...
Mont

Lake Proserpine

Post by Mont »

Hi All,
New to the forum and would like some advice on travelling up to Lake Proserpine from VIC. :fishing:
Anyone here done the trip before? How did you break the trip up into manageable stints? Where did you stay en route?
Would be thinking of going up in VIC winter time June July or August, is the fishing poor that time of year?
Would be first real Barra trip although fished out of Cooktown a few years ago for all species and managed a few hook ups.
Any advice would be good and welcomed.
Have a boat so probably would be a four day trip one way :(
Thx

al57
Seadog
Seadog

Re: Lake Proserpine

Post by al57 »

mate i would be going up thru Dubbo way onto Parkes and thru lightning ridge behind towoomba onto Narrabri and pick your highway out to coast from there .i have driven that road 3 times from melb to gladstone and the traffic very minimal country side great to look at .it keeps you away from the coastal mayhem .seeing as though you are doing big Ks these routes are so much better on the body .i stayed at glenrowan .narrabri i think first trip ,second trip was a faster one with two drivers so stayed at truck stop and kept going when rested .third was a cruisy week long trip .good luck ps stay out of dubbo not a nice place to stop with your boat on
bobj
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: Lake Proserpine

Post by bobj »

Have a squiz here;
https://www.travelmath.com/driving-time ... +Australia

There is also a good dam at Kinchant, 30km from Mackay, camping lakeside.
Cheers, bobj.