Buffalo creek boat ramp condition

Going this weekend? Planning a tour? Need info? A fishing partner? Just ask ...
pelletouse
Gold Member
Gold Member

Buffalo creek boat ramp condition

Post by pelletouse »

Good afternoon guys
I am thinking of heading to meckit creek tomorrow, is the boat ramp in ok condition with a small honda CRV(SUV)?
and what about meckit creek is it going to be fishable (barra fishing) from morning till low tide within the creek?
Thanks in advance for any information

Gibbsy
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: Buffalo creek boat ramp condition

Post by Gibbsy »

Pelletouse, if you launch at high tide ramp should be easy as with vrv depends how silted up ramp is haven’t been that way in a bit, mouth of buff creek requires around 4metres of water to get in and out easily. Micketts will be fine on those tides, channel may have moved but if you head out around high and come back on latter half of incoming you won’t have dramas, tide goes out quick and takes abit to come back in with springs in shoal bay due to sandbars everywhere, in micketts there’s 3 main ones as entering creek on lower tides that become exposed good luck
b-radical
Seadog
Seadog

Post by b-radical »

Took these pics yesterday a rock to watch out for on the right the tree branch should probley float with the tide

When retrieving angle the trailer the way the boat will get pushed with the tide makes it so much easier

As for fishing I'm still getting around to doing a low tide lock in at meckitts

Good luck
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
:cheers:
theodosius
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by theodosius »

Good tips Brad, you retrieving solo Sebastien? Usually someone is around who can help. If you retrieve during the highest flow part of the tides it can be pretty tough to retrieve solo.

As for the fishing, I used to sight flish the eastern bank of Meckitts on the dropping tide. Barra sit behind the snags and branches hanging in the water
pelletouse
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by pelletouse »

Hi guys thanks for you helpful information, sorry for the late reply i didn't have to reply earlier.
Went fishing on that day in meckit creek with a buddy, it was a nice day. Hard to catch on lures until we caught some prawns in the net and start fishing with.
We got 1 thread fin and a lot of small jewfish on the prawn and later in the afternoon during the incoming we got another thread fin while trolling and a 50cm barra with small soft plastics.
And for the people who were wondering the boat ramp is nice and clear from sand.
Happy days
theodosius
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by theodosius »

Good to hear
b-radical
Seadog
Seadog

Post by b-radical »

Thanks Jack :D

Not a bad day out Pelletouse how was the water colour on big tides? I've been up meckits on neaps and its very clear just sand bars around i guess
:cheers:
pelletouse
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by pelletouse »

Hi B-radical
The water colour was pretty clear all day long, it was a spring tide clear water during the outgoing until incoming for about 1 hour the water was flowing really fast and the water wasn't clear anymore, i think that happened when the water come over the sand bank. Appart that the creek was in good condition for fishing.
I'll definitely go back again next spring and i'll give some update.