Any one boat with Meniers disease.

Going this weekend? Planning a tour? Need info? A fishing partner? Just ask ...
mickkk
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Any one boat with Meniers disease.

Post by mickkk »

Been pretty crook for the last 5 weeks, and been diagnosed with Meniers disease. Sounds bad, but it’s a lot better then then some of the other outcomes they were looking for (brain tumours).
There’s a few things that will change a bit, but thing I’m most concerned about is if it is going to going to make me a bit wobbly on the boat.
I know you can get it to different severity, and not too bad mine will be once it settles down. But does any one have Meniers and does it affect them when they go boating, or bring on vertigo attacks? Will be pretty devo if it does stuff that.

NinjaFish
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: Any one boat with Meniers disease.

Post by NinjaFish »

That sucks Mick. I've known people with Vertigo and they say it's not fun.
Matt Flynn
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Matt Flynn »

I had vertigo attacks for two weeks after I had the flu a few years ago. Had an attack driving into the Daly, was a fishing trip with Lincoln Kirby. I had to stop the car when the world started spinning. Was worried it would keep happening but it eventually went away.

Lincoln got a big barra that day which hopefully distracted him from my mumbling about the world spinning ...
b-radical
Seadog
Seadog

Post by b-radical »

My old boss suffered from vertigo but not once did it happen on his boat and we used to fish a fair bit back then

I did catch him a few times at work though, he used to drink a lot of water annddd a lot of beers

Hydration was important he said, but hey even someone without being diagnosed can fall over with the heat at the moment

Good luck with the recovery
:cheers:
mickkk
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by mickkk »

Seems to be going all right. Back working again which is good when you work for your self.
Haven’t tried the boat yet but reckon once things settle a bit more it will be ok. Spoke to someone else who was telling me she had no problems on the boat but couldn’t snorkel or dive. I’m pretty happy to stay above the water tho
shaggs
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by shaggs »

Copped a crack in the head that rattled the crystals in the inner hearing parts of the ear. Went to get out of bed the next morning and had no balance and the world started spinning, started sweating profusely and vomiting. Had no idea on what was happening to me.The missus called an ambo and of to the hospital they took me. Took a little while to get over it but came good and back to normal. Hope you come good mate.
The past is history,the future is mystery,the moment is a gift and that's why it's called the present