Lorella Springs....

Going this weekend? Planning a tour? Need info? A fishing partner? Just ask ...
qiksix
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Lorella Springs....

Post by qiksix »

So in three weeks time i'll down to Lorella Springs for three weeks. Just wondering if anyone on here has been down there of late and how was the fishing? I'm planning on spending one week at Rosies and then another week at the "secret fishing spot". I know the water temps have probably already dropped which wont make the barra easy. Does anyone know of any reefs out the front? TIA

barra mick
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: Lorrela springs....

Post by barra mick »

Ive fished it.

Stayed at rosie camp spot....stacks off rock bars down the river....at least 17 by memory.
you have to have crack even if your just pissin in the wind
Matt Flynn
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Re: Lorrela springs....

Post by Matt Flynn »

Good articles in the current NTMAG about Rosie Creek/Lorella, and also Robinson River/Seven Emu, but it's all about fishing the creeks and camping, nothing about hitting the reefs out front ... https://www.fishfinderbooks.com/product ... cts_id=667
mickkk
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: Lorella Springs....

Post by mickkk »

I have been down there a few times. Love it down there.
Was down for Rhett’s and Marie’s wedding a few weeks ago. The cool weather had been around for a week. Couldn’t get a touch in the day. Got a few on dusk on poppers.
My favourite spot is if you go out the first gate, turn down the Rosie track, and stop just before the 2nd gate. It doesn’t look like much from the track, but a good little casting spot there. Pulled a few out biggest was 64.

I’m planning to take my boat down next year and spend a few weeks exploring the coast from spot x. The track out there is a lot better this year than last year and should get my boat out there in one piece now (5.6 stabicraft)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mickkk
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by mickkk »

Picture some how turned 90 degrees and looks confusing as. (It’s hanging off the back of my Ute).
Let me know how you go.
qiksix
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by qiksix »

thanks for the heads up mick, i cant wait to get down there. I'm taking a pretty substantial trailer in there, what are my chances of pushing this through?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
qiksix
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by qiksix »

Oh matty, i got a copy of that and it's just made me more eager! The countdown is on!
mickkk
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by mickkk »

Wow that is a it rig.
I didn’t go into Rosie but thinkit willbe fine by now. Will be fine to spot x to now. They had exploration team in there late last year and they cleaned the track up a lot.
Winds are going to be your biggest enemy this time ofthe year. But at least you can go exploring on the quad.
Good luck. Hope you find a bit of action.
qiksix
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by qiksix »

I alway knew the wind was going to be an issue, i was hoping to jag a few days of clam weather. Thanks again mick, can't beat a bit of first hand knowledge.
theodosius
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by theodosius »

Nice trailer!!
qiksix
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by qiksix »

yeah flick, duct tape over the holes where dust can get in. The poor little aerochute on the back is the biggest worry, so i got a cordless leaf blower to blow all of the dust out of all of the nooks, comes in handy to for getting the fire cracking too.
barra mick
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by barra mick »

qiksix wrote:thanks for the heads up mick, i cant wait to get down there. I'm taking a pretty substantial trailer in there, what are my chances of pushing this through?
There was stacks off bulldust on the tracks.it was a hard slog in..took at least half a day to get in.we had similiar trailors to you.

Not exactly sure what conduction the track is in now though.

Bm
qiksix
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by qiksix »

How long ago were you there Barra mick?
barra mick
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by barra mick »

qiksix wrote:How long ago were you there Barra mick?
About two weeks roughly.

I had the best fishing at the mouth and the last creek on the right hand side as you travel down.

To be honest the fishing was only fair to good......but it was a great olace to camp

Bm
mickkk
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by mickkk »

How did you go qiksix?
Did you get tothe reef out fr9m secret spot x ?