Blesser and Rheichardt Creeks

Going this weekend? Planning a tour? Need info? A fishing partner? Just ask ...
shadow dragons

Blesser and Rheichardt Creeks

Post by shadow dragons »

new to the barra boat scene. i want to go into Blesser creek and Rheichardt Creek for a flick. In Blesser creek when you travel down a bit there is a larger creek on the left hand side. is it rocky there on the bottom and i will be fine to enter into it a little bit for a flick? :? also i found a creek that turns left after the boat wreck but was unsure to enter and how far, is it shallow and rocky there. :? Can i get into both of these creek at the mouth at 2 meters tide height? :fishing: hoping to catch a barra which has been slow in the last few outings on the boat

Matt Flynn
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Re: Blesser and Rheichardt Creeks

Post by Matt Flynn »

All depends on the tide, there will be times when you can hit bottom. There is a channel that goes into both creeks but the deepest bit will move around from year to year, you'll just have to go and take it slow, main thing is to leave before you get locked in, but if you do get locked you can fish the holes. Those two creeks are easy enough to explore, should have no problems. I used to troll the mouth and catch blue salmon and barracuda, barra were better for me along the manrgoves between those creeks and Sadgroves Creek.

Bleesers is a deep creek for much of its length, but it does shallow right out.
dannett
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: Blesser and Rheichardt Creeks

Post by dannett »

Both creeks become impassable after the main junction, Reichardt around 2m and Blesser around 1m (although the 100m up the next rock bar and junction will stop you below 2m as well). The Reichardt rockbar is very flat and even the Blesser creek is more pronounced on the western bank.

You can definitely head up the left hand creek but I would scream around much below a 3m tide. Logs and stumps are more of a problem than rocks.

In my experience, with a bit of care you can get a 5.5m boat in and out of the mouth of both creeks well on almost any low tide. However the rock bar where Reichardt leaves the mangroves is trickier to navigate as it extends from east side, then the west side and then again from the east side. The west side is less pronounced.

I have moved around, including in and out of these creeks without major misadventure to about 0.7m low tides. You will probably find the bottom but if watch the sounder and slow to troll speed when crossing shallow bits you should be fine.