Mini Mini Ck Ramp

Going this weekend? Planning a tour? Need info? A fishing partner? Just ask ...
Corry
Silver Member
Silver Member

Mini Mini Ck Ramp

Post by Corry »

Can this ramp be accessed by anyone? All reports say it's a private ramp, but permission could be had if staying at Wiigi. Contacting Wiligi has proven difficult at this point, so has anyone here got any inside info :bow:

Cheers
Corry
mac10
Seadog
Seadog

Re: Mini Mini Ck Ramp

Post by mac10 »

You're meant to pay your bribe money so you don't get your car smashed. Sorry, should i say the respect money for the privilege of accessing this extremely well kept facility...
Chris
newfisherman
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by newfisherman »

The road might not be open this time of year, but if you can get out, get permission and pay the dollars. Some incidents have occurred out there in the past for those who have not!
Corry
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Corry »

Who do we pay the money to?

Not up there for another 4 or so weeks.
Cheers
Corry
NT Wombat
Seadog
Seadog

Post by NT Wombat »

Unless you have a boat/car on the far side of Cahills crossing already there is zero chance of the road being passable in four weeks time. We go up there at the end of every May and most times the road opens a week or two before then. Magela creek will be closed, as will Cahills, Coopers creek and Murgunella creek and probably a dozen smaller creeks on the way. If you can somehow get up there and can't get hold of Wiligi, try lodging a permit through the NLC directly at:
https://www.nlc.org.au/visiting-aborigi ... st-permits

Cheers
goldfish
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by goldfish »

You'll definitely need a NLC. permit and more than likely other special permit/s to access areas of arnhem land and as nt wombat and I have mentioned in this and other threads ALSO .... it's unlikely highly unlikely that you'd be able to cross cahills crossing on the east alligator in a months time so I'd be seriously lookin for a good back up plan . .. google a few youtube vids of cars getting swept off mate it's a classic area for big expensive fork ups out there.
Tight lines 'n' keep the shiny side up people.
Corry
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Corry »

Thanks guys, I think with the way the wet is going we are making other plans. We're there till mid May, maybe it's an option towards the end, we'll see how we go. Only a couple of weeks now and there's still plenty of water around, so we're playing it all by ear when we get there. Might end up hanging around the Roper/Limmen area initially then head up north.
Either way, still gunna beat being at work and can't wait to get back up into some warm weather, we're topping about 13 degrees here during the day :(
Cheers
Corry
NT Wombat
Seadog
Seadog

Post by NT Wombat »

I'm booked into Wiligi from the 18th of may, if your up that way and you come accross a bloke with a 4.3 Webster Twinfisher say G'day