Lake Argyle-Kununurra

Going this weekend? Planning a tour? Need info? A fishing partner? Just ask ...
Edo
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Lake Argyle-Kununurra

Post by Edo »

Guys,
I am heading over to Lake argyle early sept and am chasing info on land based places worth a flick.
I am sight seeing around Argyle, Bungle Bungles and Kununurra with the family and doing a stop over on the way out at Vic river road house.
Anyone got some hints and tips for the area. I will probably only get to fish on 1 or 2 days out of the week so looking to make the most of it.
Flick me a PM if you like, not after any ones gold, just a few general ideas on creeks and rivers to have some fun.
:cheers: Edo

Dick
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: Lake Argyle-Kununurra

Post by Dick »

Specifically Lake Argyle. Try the spillway, you'll drive over it as you get close to the village. It may be still just overflowing and there has been reports of some barras getting caught from it, there's always a few sooty grunter in there somewhere. Additionally if you don't have a boat you can go down the the BBQ area below the dam and fish next to the thing that resembles a boat ramp, some fish work that eddy off the rocky structure. If you have a boat chuck it in and you have 60 plus ks of river and lake to fish all the way to Kununurra. Barras, sootys and biggest Powertail live there.
Regards Dick
Edo
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: Lake Argyle-Kununurra

Post by Edo »

Thanks for the heads up Dick, not taking the boat but those few land based suggestions sound great.
Cheers mate.