Quiet day at Hardies

Barramundi, saratoga, sooties and more. For dam fishing, use the dam forums below.
Ando1001
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Quiet day at Hardies

Post by Ando1001 »

My old neighbour and I went to Hardies this morning for a bit of a look and to test out the new minn kota.

Sun was just up enough for me not to be able to see once I turned off the highway, and it was a bit chilly out this morning.

Once on the water, we motored up to near the end to a particular snag I have had some luck at before. We flicked at that, the surrounding banks and some nearby pandanus for a while, all the time with me playing with the electric. Those things are magic. Didn't help get any fish though.

Decided to head back towards the ramp and flick at some other areas that have produced before, and made the call to troll on the way.

I hooked up after about fifty meters, but called it for a PT. Hardly any fight, no head shakes and nothing towards the surface. It was only once it got near the boat that I got some movement, and it headed for the snags. Got the little fella in though. We were both very surprised to see an okay looking little Baz. Took a photo and put him back.

Tried a couple more trolling runs, then a bit more flicking, but no more.

Home by 1pm.

The road was pretty chopped, but I've been on worse, and I didn't see water temp above 22 degrees.

Only one barra, but it's my first in a very long time so I was pretty happy.

Cheers

Ando
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

muntzy
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: Quiet day at Hardies

Post by muntzy »

Good stuff mate,
nothing like using a leccy sneaking around the bong...
Outside of a dog, a book is a mans best friend,
Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read!!
arrabmundi
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by arrabmundi »

Nice yellow tail on that one.
Northern Top Water Tackle, only the best in heavy top water gear
www.ntwt.com.au
Quinntreximon
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Quinntreximon »

100 2 one good pot. Been out plenty of times without catching a fish kike that. Well done mate. Maybe time to chase some pelagics I reckon.