Yellow Waters Report!

Barramundi, saratoga, sooties and more. For dam fishing, use the dam forums below.
k3nn0
Gold Member
Gold Member

Yellow Waters Report!

Post by k3nn0 »

Well we decided to head off to Yellow Waters for an overnighter on Friday night just me and the missus.

Rocked up at about 2:30pm and had the boat in the water by 3. Decided to chuck a couple of shallow diving lures on to troll from the boat ramp and not even making it half way from the ramp to the T junction i was on. A nice 48cm Barra.
P5240316.JPG
Then off down to the right for a troll down the end where of course the missus had to out do me with a nice 53.
P5240319.JPG
The Barra must have known whos rod was whos now as they took it in turns to jump on our lures. Only smaller ones but still heaps of fun.
P5240320.JPG
P5240322.JPG
We wanted to have the boat out of the water with plenty of light to spare so went back to the T intersection to have a quick flick. A couple of little guys had a look but no hook ups. Then we seen something a little odd, there was a white fish cruising in the shallows so decided to have a flick at him and sure enough dragged the lure right in front of his face and i was on. Turns out it was a black and white moo cow p o w e r t a i l.
P5240331.JPG
P5240332.JPG
But of course the missus couldnt leave it there and had to once again top me with our only legal baz for the day a 55.5cm.
P5240333.JPG
P5240334.JPG
When this large gecko decided to come and see what was going on it was time to call it a day. So all up 7 Barra and a p o w e r t a i l in 2 hours we thought that was pretty good.
P5240336.JPG
Saturday morning saw us on the water at 7 and what a morning.
P5250340.JPG
Well if we didnt have the camera we would have lost count of how many Barra we caught but to start with it was looking like it was going to be all me. Once again troll from the boat ramp and i pulled in a nice 53.
P5250345.JPG
Heading around to the right for another troll saw another 4 baz from 52-54 followed by my first legal for the trip 55.5cm.
P5250366.JPG
But the missus trying to steal my thunder pulled in a barely legal 55 on the smacker so back he went to fight another day. Came across these couple of Crocs lazing in the sun.
P5250350.JPG
Anyway it went on like this for ages just pulling in fish after fish. I asked this missus "surely with all these little fish there has got to be bigger ones in there" to her reply "just a 75 thats all i'm after". Well to my surprise the very next troll and she was on and it was fighting hard, and taking line. Why is it that whenever i take her fishing she always has to outdo me? Anyway once it was in the boat she was over the moon. It measured 73.5cm and it was a heavy one.
P5250384.JPG
P5250385.JPG
P5250394.JPG
And she couldnt resist putting hers up against mine to show the size difference. But at least she give filleting a go.
P5250390.JPG
P5250395.JPG
So 22 fish for 5 hours.

And thats it, Yellow Waters rocks, what more can i say.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Lats
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: Yellow Waters Report!

Post by Lats »

Nice going there buddy. How did they taste? I took a silver fish out of Corob a few years back and it tasted like mud.
Matt Flynn
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Matt Flynn »

Great post ... and that patchwork powertail is a ripper!
max
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by max »

good going mate,does your missus winch the boat on as well ,you have her well trained :D
Pecheur
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Pecheur »

Hi there,

Great report, this Powertail is greatd and would look good in a Koi pond.
:wink:

Have a good day,
Pecheur
Faulksy
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Faulksy »

Nice work looks like you both had a ball. When your misses catches a good fish just remind her that she has a good guide to thank.
k3nn0
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by k3nn0 »

Lats: Had some of the Barra today, chucked some sweet chilli sauce, lemon, garlic, salt and pepper and it was awesome. Then again have yet to have a bad tasting barra.

Max: "does your missus winch the boat on as well" Funny you should say that cause yes she does. She doesnt like driving the boat so she winchs it on. Far trade off i thought. Just in the process of teaching her how to back the trailer in as well.
hingsy
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by hingsy »

Top trip! The Missus is well trained!
Mud
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Mud »

Nice to see a report out of YW. some good fish and top pics there. It is an awesome place to fish in my view.
Its not a crisis unless there is blood around.
If there is blood around......well its a police matter...
bushie
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by bushie »

Mud wrote:Nice to see a report out of YW. some good fish and top pics there. It is an awesome place to fish in my view.
I agree totally mud
bushie
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by bushie »

K3nn0, just don't tell all the other raafies at tindal about YW!
k3nn0
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by k3nn0 »

Ha ha ha ha not many fishing people left at Tindal. For some reason it seems to be a dying past time. Dont know why we love it and try and get out as much as possible. Off to Thailand in 2 weeks and have already decided that we are going to Malay bay i think its called for our next fishing trip in Arhnem Land, not taking boat though, or the missus. Should be fun.
semper
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by semper »

sounds like a great day out
Agent86
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Agent86 »

Good stuff, top Pics!!

looks like you had a ball, its great catching lots, even if they r mainly small ones.
The 70+ is a ripper, nice n fat.

might have to get out that way to a couple of spots soon!!!
If there is water and it holds fish, then it is fun trying to fool them into eating what you offer!!

Especially when you can see them!
dorey76
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by dorey76 »

bushie wrote:K3nn0, just don't tell all the other raafies at tindal about YW!
Too late :D . Been there about half a dozen times now and have always hooked up, even stopped there Tuesday arvo on the way home from Corroboree for a quick fish and show the Father-in-Law the place and got a few fish but just undersized