cherabin and redclaw.

Catch and cook a seafood buffet, with or without barramundi.
goldfish
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

cherabin and redclaw.

Post by goldfish »

Been getting into a few of late.

But noticing a lot of pots not up to spec with the spottie while out spearing ( no ID floats bieng the main thing ) But a few with other issues too. I quizzed fisheries and they said it must have a float even Landbased as well. :shock:

ID on the pot itself won't cut it..

He said if they found one he'd be issuing a $280 fine for it to ol mate pulling it. This can be upped to $280 per pot if they want to make an example out of those involved particularly if your pots are non compliant in other ways too or exceed the number allowed. So I'd get it sorted before you get sprung fellas as $280 would pay the trailer rego for 3 years plus.. .. or bulk bevvies to wash them down.

Keep the territory worth fishing by setting a good example for the next generation of anglers growing up here as well. .... :mrgreen:

I've uploaded the relevant info off the latest ''know your limits'' booklet so you can see for yourself ... :D

good luck boys n girls. :drinking8:

:lobster: :lobster: :lobster: :lobster: :lobster: :lobster: :lobster: :lobster: :lobster: :lobster:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tight lines 'n' keep the shiny side up people.
RedDevil
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: cheriban and redclaw.

Post by RedDevil »

this might seem a stupid question, but do you only get them in freshwater?
goldfish
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: cheriban and redclaw.

Post by goldfish »

As an apprentice I was told :
''the only stupid questions are the ones you don't ask.. right before you stuff it up'' :bonk:

I've only ever caught redclaw up here in the true fresh, but cherabin will be in areas the tide pushes a bit as well as the upper reaches in true freshwater ... :cheers:

We get another few prawn species in the salt ....and some more worthy targets in the mangrove lined areas. they call them mud crabs though and legal ones wouldn't fit through the turtle excluder... :rofl:
RedDevil
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: cherabin and redclaw.

Post by RedDevil »

lol thanks for clearing that up mate
pagey
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by pagey »

So what is the personal limit for cherabin outside the Daly? is it 90 if three people?
a day at work is a day wasted
Silence is Golden, and Duct tape is SILVER

"Fool proof systems do not take into account the ingenuity of fools." -Ken Clayton

'When the world is made to be idiot-proof, the world will become overpopulated with idiots.'
goldfish
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by goldfish »

That's how I read it....

pretty clear in that bit of info -supplied above ....

good luck getting 90 with 10 pots being the most you're allowed when 2 or more people
or 6 pots vessel in the daly with 30 max on the cherabin in there..

WTF would you want 90 for anyway ?

people set these limits to keep it sustainable not as a goal pagey !
pagey
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by pagey »

Never said I was going to aim for 90. But am within my rights to should I want.

I just think its a little ambiguous with the wording. To me, that whole paragraph is referring to the Daly management zone.
a day at work is a day wasted
Silence is Golden, and Duct tape is SILVER

"Fool proof systems do not take into account the ingenuity of fools." -Ken Clayton

'When the world is made to be idiot-proof, the world will become overpopulated with idiots.'