Crocodiles attacking boats?

And jacks, salmon, jewfish - tell us how you went. NT, FNQ and Norwest.
Bacon
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Crocodiles attacking boats?

Post by Bacon »

Hi All

Unfortunately it is near 2am in the morning and I am watching what seems to be a fictitious program called 'outback hunters'. A crocodile hunter called 'Crocodile Mick' is claiming that boats are being overturned and rocked in the Daly River by a crocodile and fisherman are paying for the crocodile to be removed. I'm not aware of Daly river crocodiles causing issues for boat fishermen and I'm keen to hear your thoughts. 'Crocodile Mick' showed what was obviously fake footage of his boat being rocked in the river.
Does anyone on the forum have any evidence that this crocodile existed on the river ?

Cheers

Bacon

Matt Flynn
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Re: Crocodiles attacking boats?

Post by Matt Flynn »

Haven't seen it, but going by what you say it sounds like a crock of Mick, as no boats have been overturned.

Did he definitely say "overturned"?
NT Wombat
Seadog
Seadog

Post by NT Wombat »

Mick Pitman is notorious for being FOS. Google him, he's an attention seeking try hard cowboy. A mate had a large crocodile stick it's head over the transom of his 4.2m tinny while tied up near the S bends years ago. Didn't "Attack" but had a good look.
Scotty69
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Scotty69 »

Have had a big croc at a feeder creek on the Daly bump the boat and blow bubbles under the boat overnight whilst anchored once.

Also had a croc charge the boat at a small coastal creek near shady a while ago.

They mostly keep a respectful distance I have found.
jpb15
Seadog
Seadog

Post by jpb15 »

There was a large Croc down at Elizabeth Creek, that was not afraid of Humans.
It was there for a few Years, but I don't think I saw it last year, and so it may have been moved on. (hopefully to the Big River in the Sky)
Also saw 1, when it came up and hit the bottom of a Small Tinny at Bam Boo Creek. Scared the cr.p out of the 2 People on Board.
Sick of coming home Fishless
dannett
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by dannett »

Years ago dad had a 4m plus fella have a go at the boat, they had just landed a barra at night out on 4 mile. Then the croc had a go at the boat, which was a large 12 footer and the croc managed to puncture the underside of the hull and wrap the top of it's mouth over the casting deck.

I had one about 3m laying under the boat in the Mary River Bridge Lagoon. I was fishing and looked down in the water thinking that the colour change looked odd, then it moved and I realised I was staring at the crocs back.
rip'n'tear
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by rip'n'tear »

big croc grabbed a plastic at little Elizabeth creek 2 weeks ago. bloke wound him in trying to get lure off thinking he'd snagged him but he popped his head up with it stuck in his gob they cut him off straight away. I meant to mention when we got back..
leopard
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by leopard »

Theres a big one at the top rockbar in the freshside of shady that sits under the boat waiting for you to land fish
the rat king :
NAUGHTY<((((NAUGHTY: