close to home

And jacks, salmon, jewfish - tell us how you went. NT, FNQ and Norwest.
Agent86
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

close to home

Post by Agent86 »

A quick trip out with no 1 son Jordan to fish the low tide in the Lizzie river, just to get away for a couple of hours.
In his boat so i was the deckie, flying around to a spot he now likes to fish and i said 'hey why dont we go over there and have a go, waters dropping out of the Mangrove roots just right, dirty strip along the edge of the clean water, might get one!' response was 'never get any there' anyway i reminded him of a few times that we did and managed to talk him into going over to have a go, totally unenthused looking he was sitting at the back driving the boat around so i could cast.
it was great!
WP_20180407_17_17_42_ 1 Pro.jpg
You guessed it, half a dozen casts and bang, nice little Barra inhaled the SP and screamed off, was a new reel and hadnt even bedded the drag washers in, i got told about everything i was doing wrong as the barra tore some line from the reel heading accross the shallows, had to tighten the drag a bit to slow him down.
WP_20180407_14_46_17_1 Pro.jpg
Jordan then decided he'd have a go and after a couple of casts got a nice little silver Barra as well, they were feeding along there, its great when you can show you know something and catch fish :-) and remind the young feller that you can still do it, :-)
WP_20180407_14_51_23_ 1 Pro.jpg
unfortunately the wind came up pretty soon after that and it got a little choppy so we tried around a few other spots a little calmer, had a go around the barge wharf for Inpex, and tried a couple of our regular creeks on the way home but no joy unfortunately.
WP_20180407_17_19_50_ 1 Pro.jpg
Found a few smaller fish feeding and got a couple of good pics, the New Mercury 50hp 4stroke is going well on the back of the Stessle! Had to advise the skipper a couple of times to slow down a little so i could drink my beer and it didnt go flat, whilst he was going flatout across the chop and the beer was bouncing around in my hand, lol.
There was a little Kingfisher in one creek sitting in the mangroves waiting intently for a snack to present itself.
WP_20180407_17_23_06_ 1 Pro.jpg
We should have just gone home after the first session catching a couple of Barra, never mind, was quite relaxing and the Barra tasted great beer battered.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

If there is water and it holds fish, then it is fun trying to fool them into eating what you offer!!

Especially when you can see them!
jeffish
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: close to home

Post by jeffish »

Nice little session mate ,so good to get results near to home and $10 buck on fuel :catch: :mrgreen:
theodosius
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by theodosius »

Cheap trip!
ozdodge
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by ozdodge »

Well done mate,