Easter delights

And jacks, salmon, jewfish - tell us how you went. NT, FNQ and Norwest.
RUM-A-MUNDI
Seadog
Seadog

Easter delights

Post by RUM-A-MUNDI »

Well I ventured out with the better half on easter friday for a quick overnighter on the daly. :twisted:

The fishing was out of control. :bonk: we launched at the crossing and made our way down river having a flick at every creek that didn't already have 1000 :fu: boats sitting at the front of them and found fish at every single one. white paddle tail soft plastics were the go.
IMG_2078.JPG
IMG_2080.JPG
But the best was yet to come, we camped at the mouth of clear creek and as soon as the sun went down the fish went even more nuts and we had probably the best session i have ever had on poppers, 8) 8) weapon of choice was the old faithful rapala skitter pop.
IMG_2086.JPG

landed about 50 fish and lost three times that number again, biggest went 84cm
IMG_2090.JPG
Got up and fished our way home for another 12 fish. There was alot more boats out on saturday with atleast 2 at every little creek mouth :banghead: .

Got back to the ramp by about 12pm and made our way home early.

Had a couple of days at home doing the Anzac day thing in town and then hit the Adelaide on Tuesday with a mate and his dad.

it was a bit of a slow start with plenty of hookups but no conversions until just before lunch, when we found a nice little creek pumping out plenty of colour and we started to land a couple of fish. We stayed there for a couple of hours landing 9 fish to 72cm and losing 20 quality fish, green soft plastics and gold hard body lures were doing the damage. We even put stingers on the soft plastic in order to stay connected to a few more fish but they still managed to get away :banghead:

left there and headed back to beatrice for the first of the push, we were keen to keep casting but there was a couple of boats trolling and they were landing a few so we jumped in the line a trolled away and landed two a 58cm and a 66cm and then on the last run i hooked up to nice very fat 78cm the biggest for the day from there we headed home to get cleaned up and get home early before having to go back to work on wednesday :fubird:
IMG_6866.jpeg
all in all it was a great weekend with plenty of fishing fun had by all involved :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Dingo
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog
Location: Used to be Melville Island, now a crappy mainlander

Re: Easter delights

Post by Dingo »

Top report.

Every creek at the Daly with a boat on it, it will be worse this weekend when the public ramp opens.
matt w
Silver Member
Silver Member

Re: Easter delights

Post by matt w »

Great fishing and great pics from the Daly, thanks. Can't wait for the Classic....
'We all have it coming kid'
William Munny

'The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses - behind the lines, in the gym, and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights'
Muhammed Ali

'See you later fellas....'
Parting words from Jim Cassidy onboard Might & Power at the home turn in the 1997 Caulfield Cup before going 8 lengths clear and smashing the field

'You only get one Alan Bond in your lifetime....and I've had mine'
Kerry Packer after selling Channel 9 to Alan Bond for $1.055 billion and getting it back in a settlement after the 1987 crash, making an estimated profit of $855 million