Corroboree no better

And jacks, salmon, jewfish - tell us how you went. NT, FNQ and Norwest.
Resolute34
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Corroboree no better

Post by Resolute34 »

Hit Corob' on Saturday highly motivated to skip some softies across the lillies and leave the gard bodies in the tackle box. Early morning saw the young fella hook into two 60cm plus Toges on a weedless, no name fish 80, and the mate into a nice size P/Tail on a chrome slice of all things. I was dead set sure that chrome lived in the salt :o , but, if tails are you thing, try chromies...

Headed into the Esses and that fact that there were no crocs to be seen, told me there were no barra around either. 5 hours of flicking proved me right. A narrow creek in clear water saw the no name softie get smashed again and again. Technology and reputation told me to switch to the Squidgy "fish 80" on a jungle rig. I retrieved slow, fast, slow with a twitch, high, low, high then low, fast then slow over and again with no success. Back to the no name and hit followed hit. The "S" Factor let me down. Even Starlo would have been shocked. The mate threw on a bass lure that looked at home in Victoria, but red was what they wanted - what he wanted was another 5cm.... :rofl:

Away went the softies, and out with the hard bodies. Reidys Elton John was my choice (2.5m) at two metres of water. NOTHING. Little Lucifer "Blue 2.5" came out, NOTHING, green/blue 2.5m, NOTHING. GUNS and ROSES (Taipan 2.5m) came out and BANG. Hit after hit. bl..dy Saratoga. :(
:?

The count, 2 x Toges boated, 2 x toges hooked and spat, 2 x Tails, 1 x 50cm swampy....
For the whole day I reckon I saw 4 boats on the water, very quiet. A nice storm let me know that the bilge pump decided not to work and the flies (oh my god, the flies) told me enough was enough.

Cout, 2 x Toges

A 4 metres salty did not like the way my boat was bearing down on him, and decided, wisely, to go under. Well, while smart, they can be dumb. He decided to do a quick U-Turn and lets the kids know what it feels like if you bump into a croc.

With the boat on the trailer and the bungs out it was noted that my shiny new prop left a donation somewhere in the billabong, all three blades trashed. Dont recall hitting anything, as I would know by the loud bang, but a prop will be the answer, and a new transducer too.

The road in was good, the storm left the roads slippery, but good. The tavern sold me a cold bourbon and off home we went.

No doubt I will be back there next week for an equally frustrating time of trying every bl..dy lurein the tackle box.....

Chris

A barra in the wood is easier to play with than a keyboard on the desk!!!
maxpower
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: Corroboree no better

Post by maxpower »

Corroboree has done me no favours all year. Personally I wont be wasting my time there again this year.

Thanks for the report.
Dingo
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog
Location: Used to be Melville Island, now a crappy mainlander

Post by Dingo »

Thanks for the report Chris, it really has struggled over the past couple of years, but a nice spot to get and have a crack. You never know?
Scamper
Seadog
Seadog

Post by Scamper »

Thanks Chris for the info.
Am heading out this weekend for my monthly night fish, full moon!
Have done all right at night, some mizzies but no flies or heat.
Resolute34
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Resolute34 »

Seems like the night is the go. I was thinking about hanging around, but if there are theives by day I can only imagine by night. Might hide in the scrub armed with a gaff.
Chris

A barra in the wood is easier to play with than a keyboard on the desk!!!