Weld body tray repairs

balou
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Weld body tray repairs

Post by balou »

One of my boys backed into a 2002 hilux and damaged the blokes tray. The excess for the rental truck was 5k so I have to bring out the cheaque book to cover the repairs.

Im looking for a cheaper option then panel beaters 2.8 k quote to beat out the dent and repair the whole side of the tray.

Since the hilux is white I thought it be cheaper just to buy a 2nd hand tray and do the swap.

Any know where a good starting point to find this 2nd tray. The bloke is not fuss what option I take he just wants his car fixed.

sharkbait
Seadog
Seadog

Re: Weld body tray repairs

Post by sharkbait »

Try Falcon Engineering, ARB or TJM. If it's the current model, these places might have some sitting around from when they fit alloy trays. Otherwise, maybe Palmerston 4WD.
nomad
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by nomad »

Sometimes, your insurance company will take over for hire care. give it a go.
I had one covered once while my vehicle was off the road under the normal policy
Rustler
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Rustler »

If it's a well body (not dropside) Falcon Engineering in Winnellie should have them in the yard where they have taken them off to fit dropside trays, should be able to pick one up cheap as they have more than they know what to do with..
newbie girl
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by newbie girl »

I'm not sure if they sell them but have you ever checked out the old fruit shop on Berrimah road next to the golf range. They have a dozen or so you can see from the road. They are all white and I have definitely seen toyota there as well as some other brands.
A bad day on the water beats a good day at work.... Anytime!
newbie girl
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by newbie girl »

Oh by the way when I bought my triton last year, the sales guy said if I ever damage the tray they keep complete trays from customers upgrading to dropside trays. They sell them for $500. Maybe Toyota does the same thing?
A bad day on the water beats a good day at work.... Anytime!
balou
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by balou »

Tried Falcon and they only have current models and Palmo 4wd only have dinged up ones for sale.

Ummmm... I have seen those white trays near that fruit place. Not sure what the business is but will call in there tommorow.