Diesel gas enhancement

Shane Doevy
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Diesel gas enhancement

Post by Shane Doevy »

Well despite not being eligible for the govt subsidy on the installation of the diesel gas enhancement on the Hilux due to it being salary sacrifice i had it done on Friday.
Gave 2rods a run in the lux on Saturday and he was impressed by the improvement in power.
Will post up after my trip down to Vic and give you some feedback on savings fuel wise and how it goes with a load on the back. Im picking up Harmseys new boat so it will be an excellent test for the new fuel system.

Cheers
Shane

Work is what i do to pay for fishing!!
2rods
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by 2rods »

Impressed is an understatement :shock: :shock: it was awsome!!

Just waiting for the fuel usage figures from your trip and if all looks good I am getting it done to mine too :grin: :grin:

I have read a lot about it on newhilux.net and a few other places and it sounded good... but the drive in yours realy brought it home....turns the hilux into a rocket ship :shock:
:cheers:

2RODS

Depression is merely anger without enthusiasm.

If I can't be a good example, then I will just have to serve as a horrible warning...

As John Wayne once said:

"Life's tough......It's even tougher if you're stupid."
Timbo
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Timbo »

Hey Shane,

Be very interested to hear your report, iv'e been thinking of getting it done to my Patrol but wasn't sure and didn't really have any first hand stories as to weather it was really as good as they say it is. Keep us posted!! :cheers:
Failure is only an event, Not a lifestyle
fergie
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by fergie »

Sounds good Shane. Where did you get it done and will it work on the old cruiser? :-?
flicker
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

gas

Post by flicker »

what, does it go as good as a pajero now :rofl:

Jokes aside ,is it an lpg set up or one of those self hydrogen producing jobs?

Cheers Flicker
you don't know if you don't give it a go
2rods
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by 2rods »

Flicker... it is a full on LPG injection for diesels... they add a small amount of LPG into the air intake (after the intercooler I think).....have a look at there web site d-gas.com.au I think.

I remember the truck that towed the "bandag bullet" years ago had LPG tapped into the air intake but it was just through a valve on the dash :shock: :shock:
:cheers:

2RODS

Depression is merely anger without enthusiasm.

If I can't be a good example, then I will just have to serve as a horrible warning...

As John Wayne once said:

"Life's tough......It's even tougher if you're stupid."
flicker
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

lpg

Post by flicker »

yeah would be interesting to see the cost savings, as of course you have to buy the gas to add to the deisel so save on deisel so I reckon it would be a very fine line.

On the other hand there is the hydrogen producing kits that you can fit yourself that produce thier own gas at no cost.

I know they have been named as a bullshit scam but a bloke I know has one set up and he reckons he can feel the difference. you can see the gas that is being produced,in theory it should work but whether the volume produced is enough to actually make an improvement is debatable.

Interesting though.

Cheers Flicker
jasonmcc
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

GAS

Post by jasonmcc »

I read an article in 4wd monthly a while back, they had installed LPG injection on a turbo troopie. They reported back with very good economy and power improvements. Would be interested in where you got it done?

Me and a bloke from work have been working on building a Hydrogen booster at work. Just waiting for some chemicals to arrive. Either its going to work or turn our car into a hydrogen bomb.

Jason
...............Wishin' I was fishin'...............
jordan doevy
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by jordan doevy »

hey fellas
dad got the gas system done at carmech in the city
schools what i do in between fishing ;)
flicker
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

gas

Post by flicker »

Hey Jas, the one I know of uses bi carb soda in water and thats all, there could be better solutions though.

Flicker
John Whitegoods
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by John Whitegoods »

what is the final verdict on the mod? and approx how much does it cost ?? anyone had it tested to measure the increase in KW ?
Cheers,

JohnWhitegoods AKA Dave

Drugs are not the answer, unless the question is what is not the answer
Shane Doevy
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Shane Doevy »

Well i now have a bit more of an idea on the whole deal and how its performing - no doubt about the extra power - just in the process of doing a a spreadsheet and working out what the costsing are perkm so ill post that up when its done.

Just got a wireless adsl usb modem so im on line while down south.

Cheers
Shane
Work is what i do to pay for fishing!!
John Whitegoods
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by John Whitegoods »

shane still keen to hear what u reckon on this one (and how much it costs). I just got a new lux and I want it to go faster than my mates !! - would this mod void the warrenty?
Cheers,

JohnWhitegoods AKA Dave

Drugs are not the answer, unless the question is what is not the answer
4x4xfar
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by 4x4xfar »

D-Gas is an excellent mod to run on any diesel, they can be good for up to a 20% Power Increase.
How it works is basically as 2rods said, a small percent of LPG Gas is introduced to the combustion process. How it increases power and economy is LPG is a much more volitile fuel and when mixed with diesel in the combustion chamber you get a stoichiometric burn (ha ha had to use a big word). What this means is that you get a complete burn. It is a well known fact that when a diesel is pushed under load, alot of the diesel is left unburnt and expelled out the exhaust (Black Smoke). Introducing LPG stops this. And inturn you burn less fuel but gain more power.
But if your a speed demon dont expect better fuel economy! The economy side of things comes from not having to put your foot down as hard to get the same results as you did before! So if you fall in love with the gained power and start trying to drag WRX's at the lights....expect your economy to go to poop!
The tank will replace your sub in some setups.
And the install can cost up to $4000 on some models.

Hope this helps.
Last edited by 4x4xfar on Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
4x4xfar
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by 4x4xfar »

John Whitegoods wrote:would this mod void the warrenty?
Yes