Diesel gas enhancement

DOUG
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: Diesel gas enhancement

Post by DOUG »

yeah i realise this its just the easiest way an uneducated fella like me could explain it (leaned out)
i just wouldnt put a gas conversion on a newer model hilux or any of the newer dieslel engines for that matter
there nothing you can bolt onto your motor to gain power and not hurt the internals of an engine if they are not designed to be there thats for sure have heard a few fellas doing it to the older non turbo 3.0l and they reckon they were good

John Whitegoods
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by John Whitegoods »

I have a new D4D now and now it has done 50000 kms the recommended servicing is now every 10,000 - i have been having a bit of a wonder about that myself actually thinking about changing the oil filter at least every 5000.

Shane that is a shame bout that engine failure ... i have been thinking of getting rid of my hilux before it hits 150,000 (its on 70000 now with about 16 months to go on finance) for a while ... but it sucks cause you def end up spending a bit on them in the mean time ... !

The question is - if not a Toyota Hilux - what ??? Dmax, Rodeo, Navara - No thank you ... !!!

I suppose this q has been done to death on other threads but for me cant see what the better alternaitve is even now (assuming you want duel cab) Triton seem to come with a heap of gear ... but they look shite!!!!
Cheers,

JohnWhitegoods AKA Dave

Drugs are not the answer, unless the question is what is not the answer
Richieboy
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Richieboy »

Dave........don't knock the Triton buddy.....

Richie
Mad KEEN!
darwinguy
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by darwinguy »

Old post just read - rehash the old argument. I have a landcruiser 4.2 multivalve factory turbo on gas , Done nealy 300 000 on gas , still very strong - goes like a rocket .
seano
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by seano »

John Whitegoods wrote:I have a new D4D now and now it has done 50000 kms the recommended servicing is now every 10,000 - i have been having a bit of a wonder about that myself actually thinking about changing the oil filter at least every 5000.

Shane that is a shame bout that engine failure ... i have been thinking of getting rid of my hilux before it hits 150,000 (its on 70000 now with about 16 months to go on finance) for a while ... but it sucks cause you def end up spending a bit on them in the mean time ... !

The question is - if not a Toyota Hilux - what ??? Dmax, Rodeo, Navara - No thank you ... !!!

I suppose this q has been done to death on other threads but for me cant see what the better alternaitve is even now (assuming you want duel cab) Triton seem to come with a heap of gear ... but they look shite!!!!
My Navaras done over 200k and still goes like new- never had a problem!
xray

Post by xray »

my old patrol has done 890000k and still going strong oil change every 5000k ,still on the original clutch never had any break downs or major problems
mudcrabnt
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by mudcrabnt »

my diesel patrol has done 280000,had it from new,original air con, original clutch,nothing has ever gone wrong with anything and i get 800klm to 90 ltrs of fuel, go nissannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn
barra mick
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by barra mick »

xray wrote:my old patrol has done 890000k and still going strong oil change every 5000k ,still on the original clutch never had any break downs or major problems
thats a amazing amount of kms !

got yr money worth there
you have to have crack even if your just pissin in the wind
Bottom Bashing Bloke
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Bottom Bashing Bloke »

where bouts did you get it done in darwin and how much did it set you back mate? im really keen to get this system myself for my v8 cruiser
DOUG
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by DOUG »

Bottom Bashing Bloke wrote:where bouts did you get it done in darwin and how much did it set you back mate? im really keen to get this system myself for my v8 cruiser
You gotta be kidding or what ?? You have a new v8 cruiser didn't you say somewhere on here ??
Bottom Bashing Bloke
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

yeah, ive got a V8 cruiser....
DOUG
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by DOUG »

Your mad of you done the conversion to that !!
Errrr off with a chip and 3 inch exhaust
And your motor won't be harmed !!
A mate dropped 120degrees on his exhaust temp when he put the 3 inch on ;)
Bottom Bashing Bloke
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

yeh ive got a 3" comp exhaust on my cruiser. Pulls like a frieght train with 3.5T on it. But the diesel/gas is to help me get more range out of the tanks as i do trips to QLD a few times every year
DOUG
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by DOUG »

Yeah I personally wouldn't do it on any of the high performance diesel motors The older ones that needed help burning fuel it works well but there highly tuned now I reckon for added gas !
Bottom Bashing Bloke
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

bloke at works got a GU patrol wagon with 3.0 CRDI engine and it is an amazing difference. All it does in increase the octane and volitility of the air so you get more bang for your buck. I reckon its a good idea but bl..dy hexy, i got quoted $5,000 to get it fitted to cruiser