BJ74 Cruiser (Bundera

BarneyRubble
Seadog
Seadog

BJ74 Cruiser (Bundera

Post by BarneyRubble »

Anyone know anything about these little beasts also klnown as Bundera? Im very close to getting on with very low kms imported from Japan. Some things that people have told me is that they have a bit of body roll... Im looking at the Turbo Diesel. Anyone know anythin??

2rods
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: BJ74 Cruiser (Bundera

Post by 2rods »

Push button 4x4 or good old gear stick..??

How much rust... They are a good mid size 4x4. Not sure on parts for the imports though.. Only felt with Aussie ones
:cheers:

2RODS

Depression is merely anger without enthusiasm.

If I can't be a good example, then I will just have to serve as a horrible warning...

As John Wayne once said:

"Life's tough......It's even tougher if you're stupid."
sheps
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by sheps »

The diffs are perfect to stick under sierra's, I am halfway through the conversion at the moment.
BarneyRubble
Seadog
Seadog

Post by BarneyRubble »

NO RUST, less than <60k on the clock. Stick, I dont know how the button would go... wouldnt that just create more issues? Hmm anyways wish me luck.
BarneyRubble
Seadog
Seadog

Post by BarneyRubble »

2rods; woulnt they be almost identical if not very similar? Im hoping and have briefly read somewhere they take some 70s troopy parts?
2rods
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by 2rods »

Stick is good... Parts may be the same.. Not sure
:cheers:

2RODS

Depression is merely anger without enthusiasm.

If I can't be a good example, then I will just have to serve as a horrible warning...

As John Wayne once said:

"Life's tough......It's even tougher if you're stupid."
sheps
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by sheps »

They have hilux size diffs but the rear has a offset pumpkin. Does it have a 4 or 6 cylinder motor?
zulks
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by zulks »

BJ 74's (MWB) are 90% HJ75's. Gearbox, engine and seats are the main difference and the imported BJ's are 24volt

Think sheps might be playing with a coil bundera (SWB) RJ70 I think, which basically run hilux gear. Correct me if Im wrong sheps

Have mucked round with both these cars a fair bit. PM if got any questions. :mrgreen:
shaggs
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by shaggs »

The 13B engine is in a lot of Toyota trucks in Australia so shouldn't have problems for parts there
The past is history,the future is mystery,the moment is a gift and that's why it's called the present
BarneyRubble
Seadog
Seadog

Post by BarneyRubble »

Thanks guys, sounds like i might be sending some Pms once arrived on Aussie shores let alone place a bid which Im currently waiting for the right one. Have been offered a couple but one was a petrol and one auto, Dont know what your thoughts are but Im going to try and stick with Manual Diesel. Thanks again for the input.
sheps
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by sheps »

zulks wrote:BJ 74's (MWB) are 90% HJ75's. Gearbox, engine and seats are the main difference and the imported BJ's are 24volt

Think sheps might be playing with a coil bundera (SWB) RJ70 I think, which basically run hilux gear. Correct me if Im wrong sheps

Have mucked round with both these cars a fair bit. PM if got any questions. :mrgreen:
Dunno mate, I dislike toyotas and only have a cruser ute because I need to tow a boat. Everybody knows that
If ya want a real 4wd you need to get a suzuki :wink: :D

Only sticking the diffs under my Sierra as I want to run 37" tyres :cheers:
BarneyRubble
Seadog
Seadog

Post by BarneyRubble »

37s on a Sierra! HEHE i want to see some pics.
I had a Sierra which was registered and lived in Palmerston but every week I cam back from work something else would be missing from it. In the end it had one wheel on it, no stereo. So I gave it to my mate which put a Ironman lift in, new stereo just before all the parts started going missing I put a new exhaust and extractors on it and also had a upgraded carby to go on.
sheps
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by sheps »

This is with 33s

It should be a bit of a weapon when I am finished. All that will be stock is the grill and I might
have to chop it up so the high mount winch fits. Sticking a 75hp nos kit on it as well, it is gunna be fun to drive.
BarneyRubble
Seadog
Seadog

Post by BarneyRubble »

LOL haha thats awesome, beasty looking winch is that the PTO? All thats stock is the 'grill' haha, is it the 1.3 or did you stick the vitara engine? I wanted to get the Swift GTI motor but couldnt find any cheap...ish.. Looks good anyhow, I bet you could get places where the Patrols and Crusies couldnt...
sheps
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by sheps »

in the photo it is stockish. i have it in bits at the moment as i am fitting a efi 1.6, 4 speed auto and a stack of other bits. setting up nitrous
so it works automatically at full throttle above 3000rpm. cant wait to drive it.