Charter of Hawaii

Welcome to international visitors. And local members, tell us about your fishing holiday ...
Nika
Seadog
Seadog

Charter of Hawaii

Post by Nika »

Its about 16 months old but still worth a mention. After spending 5 weeks on relief duty in Alice Springs I took a free trip to Hawaii (business class of course) and decided to do a charter. The night before I hit the :drinking5: :drinking5: and got up early to head to the docks. It was a beautiful day and the water was a clear blue. As for the boat, it had seen better days but what the hell, the skipper was a chick and good at her job. Her side kick was a decky and a cool bloke. I was the only aussie onboard and the rest were Texans. We headed out abut 25 km and the decky rigged the lines and set them. The charter mob I was with didn't allow anyone to set the lines or handle the fish :sleep: (due to insurance) The first fish was hooked and landed but this chick with the deckys help

Then we had a multiple hook up and these were smacked over the head with a nulla nulla

After that the lines went back out and all got hit except mine :banghead: and yes they were marlin. Well the yanks just can't fish and they all spat the hook :rofl:
so I didn't feel that bad, but this bugger gave me hell, thats the decky in the pic

and this is the days catch

All in all was a good day and the crew really work for their money, all $80 of it, and the tips, and the fish that they sell to the market. There is no release on there charters as its a money spinner for the crew that operate the boat for the owner. As I was real seedy from the drinky the night before and the swelling waves, the fermenting redbull in my guts, it was a mission to not throw up but I held it down.
Here is a video of me winding one in

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9wssJmtEjCw

Would I do it again, maybe if there was another mob that allowed me fish for real and not wipe my back side while fishing.
Enjoy

Nick
4WD, boats, beer, is there a theme here?
max
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: Charter of Hawaii

Post by max »

OOOOh nice swell there for a crook gut but at least you got some fish ,I dont think I could come at the no hands on bizzo though :P
Nika
Seadog
Seadog

Post by Nika »

yea that part really sucked, those yanks go overboard when it comes to public liability. I'm more of a run a muck sort of guy brus
Nick
Faulksy
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Faulksy »

That looks like a serious debacle. Rough as. Did it cost you much for a day? I would have been p...ed off if I was on it :x . On a more posative note that was a great Mahi Mahi that you caught :mrgreen:
Nika
Seadog
Seadog

Post by Nika »

It was about $150USD for the day, 8 hours. I dont usually get sea sick but a hangover and big waves do not mix well togeather.
Nick
nikoniko
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by nikoniko »

thanks for sharing mate, I enjoy the video :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Nika
Seadog
Seadog

Post by Nika »

Can't find the other bl..dy videos I have, got a feeling the X anchor (wife) I threw overboard has it, if I find them they will be available.
Nick