Boat collapsible canopies

hobbsy
Seadog
Seadog

Boat collapsible canopies

Post by hobbsy »

Open style boats.
We are awaiting our new boat in the next few months and in the mean time I am seeking alternatives to the traditional Bimini strap type canopy. Seeing what others have done where the canopy functions like a Bimini but is strapless? Still be collapsible to allow access under trees etc

Our boat will be a 6.35M plate.

I envisage something with just 2x strong poles (38mm +) that pivot in the centre of the boat on each gunnel & the top section folds out like a Bimini.

The closest I've seen to what I'm trying to explain is a Kingfisher eclipse canopy, but we could make it better. Link below

This would be custom.

Just seeing if anyone has done something like this?

https://kingfishereclipse.com.au/

Insanity is a good place to hide from reality!

It is not how long the fish is but how long you have fished & how long you've wished.......
jabsy
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: Boat collapsible canopies

Post by jabsy »

Mine rolls out from the transom, and holds to either the centre console, or a couple of poles at the cast deck. It gets in the way for barra fishing, but I dont bother with them too much anyway...

It comes out from that tee at the back. I'm struggling to find a pic with it rolled out...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jabsy
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by jabsy »

Maybe these two?? You can see it from the back to the front.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
hobbsy
Seadog
Seadog

Post by hobbsy »

thanks heaps for the reply, something to ponder :drinking8:
Insanity is a good place to hide from reality!

It is not how long the fish is but how long you have fished & how long you've wished.......