Fotofish 2021 - all entries on this thread

Ivan
Seadog
Seadog

Re: Fotofish 2021 - kicks off February 1

Post by Ivan »

Here is a couple of photos from this weeks two day Shady trip, plenty of big jewies around but the barra were very quite.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Ivan
Seadog
Seadog

Post by Ivan »

We did a quick Friday afternoon session into shoal bay. It looked great when we arrived but the water temp was over 39degC & even the live bait couldn't stay alive more then 5mins. The water temp dropped to around 32 after a couple more hours of the push in tide but the fish didn't come with it. So the beers flowed and it was still a good trip even though we got a wet arse and no fish.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
theodosius
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by theodosius »

Tommy and I headed out on the tail if a storm to the Tom Prosser. Bit lumpy on the trip out at 4AM but very calm on the way back at 8.
A few boats joined us and I think one must have weathered the storm underneath the rig.
trent
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by trent »

A fat 104 taken on the cast, smashed the plastic 2 foot from the rod tip.
Edo
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Edo »

Kinchant Barra Comp 2-21.jpg
Went for a fish at Kinchant Dam last saturday night.
Got this 95 in the deep hopping a vibe.
First fish in Mackay so far and first time i have fished Kinchant.
Edo
Gibbsy
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Gibbsy »

Went out for a Barra run last weekend of Feb to usual haunt. Was slow going but managed to get this 67cm which hit my zman at the boat on the surface just before I pulled it out of the water. Woke me up real well. The Barra were pretty slow all morning so headed out to 6mile in search of pelagics for my declines as we headed out around lunchtime weather was great so quick meeting and decision was made to make a run out to the rig (Tom noble Prosser). Stayed out there for around 45mins ended up getting half a dozen tea leaf trevally before this fella swallowed my jig to his gills. He went 102 to inside of fork and 110 to the tip. Caught up with a mate that was out there and had been bottom bashing near the rig. They had a fairly slow day. Called it quits and back at the ramp around 2pm .conditions were good until we got to 6mile where we got a wet arse thanks to the westerlies.
Matt Flynn
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Re: Fotofish 2021 - all entries on this thread

Post by Matt Flynn »

Just a heads up - I'll do Fotofish on one giant thread this year, so put all pix on this thread.
Ivan
Seadog
Seadog

Post by Ivan »

We fought the flood water for a bit of a mixed bag this week.
Matt Flynn
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Matt Flynn »

Awesome mixed bag!

C'mon you other fellas/ladies, after all that rain there's gotta be a run-off pic or two you can post that won't give away your secret spot :D
trent
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by trent »

Quick trip to shady,plenty of threadys about, launched at low tide and there was plenty of water but if we dont get more rain that will change pretty quickly
Sullo
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Sullo »

Had to test a new Vanford Zodias combo,97cm off a rockwall
Sullo
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Sullo »

A few Crays the other day
Sullo
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Sullo »

Reef trip with the brother a few weeks back
jeffish
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by jeffish »

8) 8) 8) I'M hungry,,, still slaying those lobbies ,nice :mrgreen:
Gibbsy
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Gibbsy »

Decided to dodge the crowds at shady and Daly and took my mate, my missus and her friend out to Dundee run. Reefies were a bit slow but the pelagics were around in numbers. A few first for my missus including a good size long tail tuna. My missus's friend getting a few firsts and my mate getting his first trout and Spaniard.

P.S Matt got to test one of those fotofish prize pack lures. The brassy's absolutely destroyed it. Also forgot to drop camera under water as too busy hooking fish. But the brassy's were that thick you couldn't get lures down to the Mack's.

Cheers
Gibbsy