King Ash Bay Tides

Going this weekend? Planning a tour? Need info? A fishing partner? Just ask ...
gammo42
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

King Ash Bay Tides

Post by gammo42 »

Hello all, I did a quick forum search but could not find the answer.

Does anyone know the difference in tide times from Centre Island to King Ash Bay Fishing Club? Heading that way in April and would like to get a better understanding of the tides.

Thanks
Gammo

Swoffa
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: King Ash Bay Tides

Post by Swoffa »

Tough question to answer as it is totally dependant upon the size of the tide and the amount of flow coming downstream.

In April there should be no problems with navigating any stretch of the river from KAB through to the mouth of the McArthur with the exception of the rocks directly downstream of the ramp. Carrington or other tributaries will be different as there are numerous rock bars throughout.

On Spring tides I have found that the top of the tide at KAB is normally 3 to 4 hours after Centre Island.
Neap tides you dont see a great deal of difference but any change is normally around 5 hours after the Centre Island tide times.

My experience only and not gospel.
Cheers
What angler can cross over a bridge without peering over its side
mickkk
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by mickkk »

Yep, it’s a bit of a gamble. But it’s marked out pretty good. If you are going out the front the mouth is a bit all over the place.
I very nearly got beached there. The mouth is about 1hr is behind centre island from memory.
I wouldn’t stress too much, when you are there they will give you the best up to date advice.
NinjaFish
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by NinjaFish »

I agree with Swoffa.

Somewhere between 3-4 hours. We never left either end with loaded boats until the high or at least 1/2 tide rising.
gammo42
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by gammo42 »

Thanks for the info guys!
Cheers
Gammo