Silly questions

Your home if you fish from anything that isn't floating.
joesgotone
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Silly questions

Post by joesgotone »

so i went for a flick off the stones today. Found a fella i had never seen fishing nearby. He moved closer to me and kept fishing. After a while he asks" what do you find more productive bait or lures" i didnt bring any bait so i have no choice i replied while casting a gold bomber. I suggested he watch the locals and see what they do. I told him i was a local. I then landed a 75 cm barra. He took a photo for me. He then tried a bunch of lures for 1 or 2 casts each. I then landed a 70cm barra. He went back to using bait and landed a small spikey piece of poop with fins about 10 cm long. I told him"the good news is if you keep doing what you're doing you will probably catch more fish than me". I was being truthful, but who wants tiny spikey throw backs when there are barra around.
PART_1606048256955.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

how many is enough lures, rods and reels. Is there a magic number, considering you usually only catch 1 fish on a single lure on the one rod and reel your casting with.
Matt Flynn
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Re: Silly questions

Post by Matt Flynn »

Nice fish!

Lure casting is more fun. And there is something special about barra off the rocks.

That said, watching the rod tip, or a float, with a livie out is a pretty relaxing way to fish.
RedDevil
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Silly questions

Post by RedDevil »

couple of nice fish there mate! Lure or bait? I prefer bait (live). but when live baiting i would normally have a few casts around with a lure as well