Palmerston Creek redclaw.

Catch and cook a seafood buffet, with or without barramundi.
keenfisho24
Gold Member
Gold Member

Palmerston Creek redclaw.

Post by keenfisho24 »

I do enjoy throwing in the Opera pots but don't really have the access ability with only a bicycle to ride on unless my mates give me a lift. After searching for ages with many duds I have finally found a spot in which I can ride only 45 min from my house to reach. Looking from earth knew it was worth a look, ran off a run off plain from the salt into a freshwater creek system similar structure to the Howard. Arrived to the spot and was heaps of tarpon around. Threw in two pots in one with tuna oil soaked spud and the other with a chunk if sanmar and left them overnight. Came back today arvo. 1 pot with sanmar had 11 and the spud pot got 3. Ended up with 8 keepers 5 big and 3 mid sized ones. Looks like a sick barra spot in the wet. Not naming it because this spot is something that has taken a lot of my hard effort to find and it's the only place close by I can really go. Anyway here's the results. Some people might call it a small batch but for a 45 min bike ride from my home it's worth it imo anyway
Snapchat-812478237.jpg
Snapchat-891662762.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

theodosius
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: Palmerston Creek redclaw.

Post by theodosius »

Well done!
Matt Flynn
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Matt Flynn »

Nice work.

Catching yabbies in Adelaide creeks was one of the joys of being a kid, they weren't ever that size though, northern fishos are lucky.

Southern WA has some big marron tho.
jabsy
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by jabsy »

Very nice. Never really caught them up here.
jahatch

Post by jahatch »

Durack and Gun lakes are full of them. So any creeks off them should have them.
keenfisho24
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by keenfisho24 »

drove past few weeks back. the creek passes through robbos barracks training ground and was earlier having new fencing put up around it. too bad its had a fence put over the top of the creek and a steel barrier consisting of 7.5' spaced grate put into the creek potentially blocking the creek. was a good culvert in the wet that i could catch heaps of tarpon and occasional barra with my mates. should still get reddies but i doubt anything else.