Covid 19 regs

Going this weekend? Planning a tour? Need info? A fishing partner? Just ask ...
Gibbsy
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Covid 19 regs

Post by Gibbsy »

Anyone know the actual answer?. Michael gunner clearly states they arent enforcing the two person rule due to focussing resources i.e police on border patrol and remote communities.the corona virus website does NOT state what can be done apart from fishing access via remote communities. But afant are saying fish alone with household mates or family only. I mean hypethically if your wearing a buff all day not much difference to wearing a mask all day. Its a grey area as afant say its impractical to maintain 1.5m distancing on a boat. But then comes the question isnt that pending boat size? Anyone like to enlighten? I just would like to know what are all of your thoughts guys and what have you been practising

bigwoody
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Covid 19 regs

Post by bigwoody »

Keeping 1.5m apart is near impossible in a car, they don't want people travelling unless its absolutely necessary.
That's why fishing and hunting has been banned in New Zealand, a country with a small population and lots of wide open spaces, sound familiar?
If we don't do the right thing we will make the authorities enforce the "rules"
Optimistic Pessimist
Captain6979
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Captain6979 »

Yup, it's pretty vague, that's for sure. I mean, methinks 2/3 guys in a 6m+ boat is definitely ample space befitting the restrictions for social distancing. Hell, on the drive there, one in the front driving, one in the back seat, one in the tray, ha ha!
Gibbsy
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Gibbsy »

To avoid travel in car take seperate vehicles would be a solution. I have sent an email to Afant in regards to this as afants statement sort of contradicts what gunner had said. I mean distancing in a boat who these days doesnt wear a buff?
Gibbsy
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Gibbsy »

Im curious what everyones opinions is as i have next week off and planned to take the boat
Captain6979
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Captain6979 »

My opinion is......I'll be fishing Thur, Fri, n sat next week.;)
Gibbsy
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Gibbsy »

Yeah well had similar idea on different days captain
Captain6979
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Captain6979 »

Still no legit rules on the SecureNt website, from the Government...
scottmac
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by scottmac »

Pretty f#&king simple really!

Don’t stuff it up for everyone.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Gibbsy
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Gibbsy »

Yep saw that lastnight scottmac
Gibbsy
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Gibbsy »

Which is definitely not a grey area. About time they have stated someyhing solid.
Captain6979
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Captain6979 »

Well, i wish they would say it on the SecureNT gov site. Not just jolly FakeBook. Some of us dont have that junk...
scottmac
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by scottmac »

Captain6979 wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 11:42 am Well, i wish they would say it on the SecureNT gov site. Not just jolly FakeBook. Some of us dont have that junk...
Haha! I don’t have it either. Just use the Missus account for checking out fishing reports!
Captain6979
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Captain6979 »

Well, as mentioned, I checked the legit SecureNT gov site, and there was only 1 legal section for fishing rules, and was only for accessing aboriginal land for fishing, nothing else. If it's not written down, it ain't happening..
Gibbsy
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Gibbsy »

Alright guys had a reply back from david ciaravolo from Afant today and can come he said over the last week afant, the health department and the chief minister have tried to clear things up.
And that attachment that scottmac added is 100% correct to follow those rules.