The last Holden

Introduce yourself, talk about beer, crocs, headlines, dugongs or Paris Hilton.
Matt Flynn
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

The last Holden

Post by Matt Flynn »

Australia can never be the same ... https://www.news.com.au/technology/inno ... d349601d0e

NinjaFish
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: The last Holden

Post by NinjaFish »

Sad news indeed. But it’ll be back with a hefty price tag in 12-18 months.

Think Mustang, Volkswagen, Wet season, Barramundi........

Just saying, :D
theodosius
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by theodosius »

Seems like that was pretty inevitable, importing all sorts of junk no one wanted to buy
Matt Flynn
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Matt Flynn »

Seems like that was pretty inevitable, importing all sorts of junk no one wanted to buy
Yep, I was looking for a small car last year, when I saw reviews for the Cruze, I have filtered to the 190+ one-star ratings on this link ... https://www.productreview.com.au/listin ... e?rating=1

Pretty sad.

My first car was an EJ. I chromed the rocker cover and the sideplate, and put twin SUs on it, a 138 grey motor. Was still a tractor, but it rarely stopped, and if it did it was always something easily fixable, like dirty points.

Most drivers today wouldn't know what points were :lol:
theodosius
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by theodosius »

Sick rig, mine was Ford Falcon EBII wagon. Upgrades to mine included full length canary yellow head liner :D

We did Tommy222's in bright blue
NinjaFish
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by NinjaFish »

Only owned 2 Holdens. Both VS Commodores. A 95 & a 96 model, bought only for the missus & kids as they were smaller than the the Ford Falcons at the time and I shouldn’t comment any further on reasons why. Her Gemini had so many dents in it. The 95 sat on the road nicely at 180-190kph and on the good straights, 200-220. The 96 was all over the road like a mad woman’s poop! My Hilux at 170-180+ feels more comfortable than the last Holden I had.

Remember open speed limits.

Still. I have so many good memories. Meeting girl friends in the back of a Brougham, burnouts everywhere in 5.0ltr Premiers, restoring mates EH’s, trips to Ayers Rock in HR’s for New Year’s Eve, even a HG Ute that was lent to me for a few weeks that I finally gave back after 6 months all polished up like new. The LC Torana’s we rolled, the mates Bathurst LH’s we cruised in an can’t forget the ugly LB Toranas either!

Just some ‘dirty points’ in my Ford loving upbringing history.

Tis sad....