New PB Barra

And jacks, salmon, jewfish - tell us how you went. NT, FNQ and Norwest.
Captain6979
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

New PB Barra

Post by Captain6979 »

Went for a harbour fish with Tangels, and conditions couldn't have been more perfect.
A beauty sunrise, combined with a smooth ride out were the makings for a good session we were hoping.
After a few trolls around, and exploring some new spots, we got to see a bit of big-fish action around the place.
There was live-bait for days, alas all we could get on livies was cod...
We then proceeded to do some exploring of the area, and were lucky to snaffle up a Barra on the troll, using a Reidys lure.
Initially I thought I'd snagged up, but after killing the motor, and spying a big swirl and head shake, the game was on!!
Again, I'll say it: I loves the T-curve rods, cos she was bent-up nicely, and as usual, leader was 100lb Schneider. "No stuffing around, with the 100-pound!"
After Tangels maneuvered the Shabby into a nice position, and a couple of minutes, she was in the net. Going 89.5cm, she was my new Personal Best! So stoked!
And in the end, rather than commit her to the Esky, we put her back into the Sea, for future fishing Karma, and the hope she can breed up some more baby fishes in due course. We followed this fish up with a light rinsing of the Shabby and ourselves, with a shower just after lunch! Great fun, good times, and a beauty fish!! :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Matt Flynn
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Re: New PB Barra

Post by Matt Flynn »

Great fish. Have been quite a few barra caught in the harbour lately. Just a matter of time before an MDF tag.
Jeno
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Jeno »

Nice fish and great photo's, thanks for the report!
No matter where you go, there you are!
jeffish
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by jeffish »

Cool report mate 8) and nice work on the PB :applause:
Just try not to hang them on the grips if your gonna release them , can do some damage .

I would have ate it :rofl:
Edo
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Edo »

nice work, nice fish and a glad to see it went back over the side
joesgotone
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by joesgotone »

Great to hear your hooking up. Plenty more pb's to come for sure
how many is enough lures, rods and reels. Is there a magic number, considering you usually only catch 1 fish on a single lure on the one rod and reel your casting with.