One-jewfish bag limit

Talk about bungled boat ramps, net buybacks, marine no-go zones, mining disasters etc here.
Matt Flynn
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

One-jewfish bag limit

Post by Matt Flynn »

Qld ... https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-09-01/ ... s/11457106

In two or three years it will be half a jewfish bag limit.

theodosius
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: One-jewfish bag limit

Post by theodosius »

Plenty of meat on one fish
Edo
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Edo »

From what i can gather it is to try and slow down the illegal swim bladder trade. This is only one of many changes that will affect both rec and commercial fishers.I am still yet to go through the regs thoroughly but from what i have seen so far Mud crab limit has dropped, Bass limit has increased i have been told from 2 to 5(cant confirmed as website says it is still working on updating info), Yellowbelly is 10 per person, not sure why as from my experience Bass are far more prevalent in QLD impoundments.Anyway i will wait and see once the DAF website has been updated completely before passing judgement.Will look into the salt water species in the next few days.
Jeno
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Jeno »

Always fricking China....illegal elephant trade...china, kill a tiger for its penis...china....bear gall bladder...china...for fricks sake....if you want an aphrodisiac just take a fricken blue pill like everyone else....its not as if they need anymore encouragement with over a billion of them ffs!
No matter where you go, there you are!
Matt Flynn
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Matt Flynn »

Always fricking China....illegal elephant trade...china, kill a tiger for its penis...china....bear gall bladder...china...for fricks sake....if you want an aphrodisiac just take a fricken blue pill like everyone else....its not as if they need anymore encouragement with over a billion of them ffs!
:mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Lats
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Lats »

Reducing the rec limit down to 1 might mildly help the species but will do nothing about the black market trade of fish or bladders. These degenerate filth care nothing for laws. They wilk probably catch more because the rec fishos catch less
Sullo
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Sullo »

In two or three years it will be half a jewfish bag limit.
[/quote]

The pros got a 20 tonne TAC,once that is caught ( about 4-6 weeks of pro fishing ) then it's no take for everyone the rest of the year
Lats
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Lats »

Obviously they believe in the commercial sector over the benefits of several hundred thousand rec fishos
ronje
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by ronje »

Its gone back to the unhealthy relationship between the Dept and the commercial sector under this replacement minister (Furner). Furner does as he's told by the Dept bureaucrats.

Furner is a labor hack who wouldn't know ….. from cheese and is hopeless. Put into Qld cabinet as a payment for a union faction debt. A bl..dy embarrassment to the rec fishing sector to have him as minister.

You'd have seen him exhibiting his understanding of fishing on another thread that Matt put up.
Regards
Ronje
Edo
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Edo »

Just Read the Jewfish catch quota on the DAFQLD website and found something interesting on it.
An individual is allowed 1 fish, total 2 fish per boat.NOTE: once commercial catch limits are met it becomes a no take species.I have read the commercial quota was hit 6 weeks into the season last year!!, how is joe blogs going to know if the commercial boys have hit the quota???????????? :? :? :? :o :banghead: :bonk: :? :? :?
Edo
NinjaFish
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by NinjaFish »

So.... its a catch and release fish now in Qld! I doubt that very much.

I bet there’ll be a few floaters too as a 900 gets exchanged for the 1200 that comes up next but the 900 must have suffered from Barotrauma at some stage... Sir!

Been seeing the Goldies (small) floating here and there on occasions around Darwin and I suspect it’s due to bag limits but could be from holding the rod upside down. :?