Daly river tide variations.

Real time reports from FFFers on the things that matter most
Goldcan
Silver Member
Silver Member

Daly river tide variations.

Post by Goldcan »

Hey guys,

I’m curious to the tide variation of the Daly to Darwin tides ?

wazdog
Seadog
Seadog

Re: Daly river tide variations.

Post by wazdog »

G'day Gold can, mate I fish the Daly crossing on the big tides, when it is high tide in Darwin at say 7.00pm , that represents a high tide AT the Barrage at around midnight, so give it an extra 5 hours on top of Darwin tides. That is at the crossing which is I think about another 40 kms upstream from the wooliana boat ramp. I have been fishing the river for years and still can't work out the tides very well when I get in the boat. I hope that helps mate. Ps there are no bl..dy fish there at the moment, just look at the Barra Classic numbers only last week.
jabsy
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: Daly river tide variations.

Post by jabsy »

Yeah depends on the run of the tide. You can usually take a rough guess of 3 hours later than the anson bay times around the Moon Billabong area, and 6 hours at Elizabeth. Around Bamboo you are about one whole swing behind (eg 12 hours)

On the neaps the actual depth variation will be much less, as there's less water to push out. On the springs, its obviously much higher, but not a proportional amount lower on the next change. There's too much water to be able to push back out, if that makes any sense.

And yes, wazdog is spot on. There are no fish there at the moment. I cant see this changing any time soon. (until it gets a good flush out, mainly in the major creeks and drains)