NT Fisheries Minister

Talk about bungled boat ramps, net buybacks, marine no-go zones, mining disasters etc here.
Matt Flynn
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

NT Fisheries Minister

Post by Matt Flynn »

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-12-23/ ... s/10664678

Pretty crook stuff. Thought KV was doing a good job.

mickkk
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: NT Fisheries Minister

Post by mickkk »

Gunners line for the last few years was disunity is death. All that time he meant disagreement is political death.
I wasn’t much of a fan of the current government. But I thought Ken was the hope of the side. Straight talking, no “messaging” lines. And showing concerns about where the money was coming from. Even the 50 mil fishing spend was outrageous, and that’s coming from a fisho.
If it was proved that Ken leaked the emails I could understand. But once they were leaked what else was gunner expecting him to do, lie through his teeth like most other politicians I guess.
His press conference was interesting watching. Ken nominated about 300 million of savings that he thought was excessive. He called out gunner for spin and staying in message. Gunner gets back and repeats the same 5 well rehearsed lines to answer every question.

Reckon some of his colleagues should see the writing on the wall and join him, maybe they could save the future generations of massive debt. We were heading towards $140000 per man woman and child (on today’s population, but with a population in decline for the last few years, I don’t think you could say out numbers will be tripled over the next 11 years)
Out of the current population only about 1/3 pay more tax then they take it contributions or benefits. So that’s almost 420000 per tax paying person. It’s not going to work.
But the current government said it’s ok it’s all fixed, but ruled out public servants cuts or cut backs. Maybe they have found a money tree.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
bigwoody
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by bigwoody »

The NT's small population is destined to produce C grade governments of any persuasion. The truth is, self government of the NT is a very expensive luxury and the sooner it is recognised as a failed experiment by the voters of the NT and disbanded the better of we all will be.
If you think this is my rant, I suggest you google the first NT Chief Minister and architect of self government for the NT Paul Everingham and read his thoughts on the subject.
Optimistic Pessimist
fish4me123
Seadog
Seadog

Post by fish4me123 »

They have the cihinese lend money
tight lines