Gulf cyclone

Real time reports from FFFers on the things that matter most
NinjaFish
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: Gulf cyclone

Post by NinjaFish »

I'm still a bit confused as to how BOM got the prediction and track correct a week ago.
Windy has it still playing as a low off Mackay on Monday and heading back North past Cairns again!

ronje
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by ronje »

Ventusky has the same thing for Monday, Ninja (off Mackay for a day or 2)

S...loads for Townsville area up to 9am this morning plus more to come during the rest of day.

Predicting a heap of rain just off Fraser Is (500mm to Tue). Not as much hitting the mainland though but they've had a lot already.

Looks like Rocky is only going to get 100mm or so over the next couple of days with a bit more than that just to south (Port Alma/Raglan way). Good run-off stuff to get new barra fingerlings up into safe water (I hope).

Eastern Fitzroy catchment to get about 100mm or so as well over a few days so there'll probably be a run in the river.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Regards
Ronje
NinjaFish
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by NinjaFish »

I hope you get it Ron.

Darwin (city) has had 5.4 for Dec so far.
ronje
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by ronje »

Well, its be raining all day, Ninja. 22 mm of it on my raingauge.

Good thing that I couldn't get to the sandbag centre where sandbags have been handed out for filling over the last few days.

Been lots of people stocking up on l/life milk, bread, eggs and gas bottles at shopping and camping centres.

If only I could blame the bl..dy ABC for going overboard. Its not that they haven't been but all the media has been doing the same thing. The alarmists are breeding.

Local media is quoting that the eye of TC Owen will pass directly over Yeppoon so get prepared. And they have. Hard to believe this stuff.

Will let you know if I survive the night.
Regards
Ronje
Sullo
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Sullo »

100mm in the last 4 hours,430mm since last weekend.No wind but looks like it might be getting a bit stronger now its out over water
Sullo
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Sullo »

Looks like it might head north before Rocky gets the good rain
ronje
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by ronje »

We'd welcome the rain particularly in the catchment area for drought.

But to be honest, I don't know if we could stand all the media cr.p that goes with it.

Maybe THAT'S what we need protection from.
Regards
Ronje