Fotofish - December 2018 thread

Flickin4em
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: Fotofish - December 2018 thread

Post by Flickin4em » Sun Dec 02, 2018 7:25 pm

Did a trip out the Adelaide river mouth up past the Wiltshire creeks via the narrows and a bit of reef on the cape on Saturday. Was pretty quiet. Trolled deep divers for miles cast a few vibes and placcies over the rockbars, flicked gutters with the tango dancer and even dangled a few livies on the reef .... all for doughnut. :banghead: except a c#ttie and a shovelnosed shark.

Then whilst I was filling up with the jerry I had the spin rod sitting in the rod holder and it scored the only edible fish of the day on one of my dead mullet : a small blue salmon.

Made me laugh too, I thought it was pretty funny after putting in all the hours of effort for the rest of the day ..... Just gotta keep trying though, the million dollar redtagged baz or trophy metery of a lifetime could be hooked up solid on your next cast. :mrgreen:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Proudly supporting quality products by: LED Lenser, Lightforce, GoPro, Samsung, Lifeproof, Shimano, G.Loomis, Berkley, Owner, Rapala, Yozuri, Samaki, Storm, Zerek and Zman :)

Captain6979
Seadog
Seadog

Post by Captain6979 » Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:43 am

Little 50cm baz from Buff other night, my first fish on a Skitter-pop, yay!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Flickin4em
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Flickin4em » Sat Dec 08, 2018 12:22 pm

Ahoy captain...good to see the buff still producing a few

I'd be getting rid of the standard trebles and rings before you hook into a better one matey or you'll lose a monster from gear failure - you'll end up with straightened out rings and bent trebles for sure on those factory ones. They're adequate for tiny finland fish but not big NT Barramundi :cry:
They're bl..dy good lures and I've used them heaps, but the cup face plastic is just glued into to the balsa on the 10cm ones it's NOT ON A FULL WIRE SYSTEM. I've seen a mate thumblocking it pull one of those bits out on a big one. :o
That lure that failed, I was flogging him with it then I let him use it. Which then failed on the first big one he tried to haul out of the weedbed. :rofl: But it had already smashed about a dozen rippers that night though and it has only happened once out of the hundreds I have landed on them over the years. :drinking8:
Just gotta take it a bit easy on 80s or bigger and do not lift fish into the boat or up a high bank with them. I'll continue to use them for many more years to come as they definitely catch fish. :mrgreen: Bit of a pity some of the older colurs are discontinued.

Few pics of a couple of blown up lures on BIG BARRA included below. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
Proudly supporting quality products by: LED Lenser, Lightforce, GoPro, Samsung, Lifeproof, Shimano, G.Loomis, Berkley, Owner, Rapala, Yozuri, Samaki, Storm, Zerek and Zman :)

Daz12
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Daz12 » Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:26 am

One Blue Salmon, a Queenie, few rats and a 65cm from the harbour the other day.