Town Hall MAybe this weekend?

Jewies, big reds, macks & more - tell us how you went. NT, FNQ and Norwest.
blowski
Seadog
Seadog

Town Hall MAybe this weekend?

Post by blowski » Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:47 am

Hey Guys thinking of heading out to town hall in the tinny this weekend as the tides are neap.
Anyone have a rough idea on where I should anchor up?
Imagine a pick anchor will be fine for a tinny? How deep is it around there? any tips for fish

Flickin4em
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: Town Hall MAybe this weekend?

Post by Flickin4em » Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:49 am

Couple of areas to start with off the mobile app navonics charts 8) Depths can exceed 20m through the channel but look for lumps or ledges in 18-12ish or sometimes shallower at night. Go early and sound around a bit 1st to locate the fish then drop anchor well up and hang back with room to spare for the baits to drift back to them.

(This bit sounds waaay easier than it is, it can sometimes be a bit tricky in the wind but it's nothing like trying to anchor over a wreck though. .. trust me)

Also you could look it up in the latest fishfinder mag or google it for a full colour structure 3D chart then just choose a few marks off it for you to try based off whichever way the tide is running over the ridges the cordinates are on it too. Failing that tactic pull up over towards (but not on top of) someone who is going well. I'm sure you wont be the only one out there. Once happy with the chosen mark then drop down a few live mullet or even better.... a live squid on single paternoster rig with your 80lb braid overhead rig and hold on to your hat :catch:

Other proven jewie baits include freshly caught bl..dy CATF1SH fillet, tuna and fresh big eating quality prawns which if kept well can then also go OK as prawn sartees on the barbie as a backup plan afterwards too. :drinking8:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Flickin4em on Fri Nov 16, 2018 12:12 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Proudly supporting quality products by: LED Lenser, Lightforce, GoPro, Samsung, Lifeproof, Shimano, G.Loomis, Berkley, Owner, Rapala, Yozuri, Samaki, Storm, Zerek and Zman :)

blowski
Seadog
Seadog

Post by blowski » Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:53 am

legend thanks mate

Gibbsy
Seadog
Seadog

Post by Gibbsy » Fri Nov 16, 2018 3:53 pm

Funny enough flicken one of the biggest Barra I’ve hooked was in middle arm years back on fresh Powertail fillet lol

blowski
Seadog
Seadog

Post by blowski » Mon Nov 19, 2018 10:05 am

went to town hall thanks for the tips guys, was a glass off in the morning yesterday got a few stripey's but nothing big no snapper or jew, massive storm rolled in at about 10 ish, stayed out to long, big ass white caps made it fun in the 375 punt got back to the ramp waves spashed the boat against the rocks, not a fun ramp when theres a tiny bit of swell thats for sure... wont do that again

shaggs
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by shaggs » Mon Nov 19, 2018 10:34 am

Yep that ramps wrecked a few boats .I head in as soon as you get wind against tide
The past is history,the future is mystery,the moment is a gift and that's why it's called the present

fish4me123
Seadog
Seadog

Post by fish4me123 » Thu Nov 22, 2018 10:17 am

Tide's a bit big aren't they?
tight lines

Andy Grey
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Andy Grey » Fri Nov 23, 2018 7:46 pm

would need a lot of lead to fish it this weekend, better off heading up the arms and fishing the draining gutters getting locked in a hole maybe up middle and live baiting.
http:www.andrewgreyphotography.com.au

fish4me123
Seadog
Seadog

Post by fish4me123 » Thu Nov 29, 2018 7:19 am

This weekend is the time as long as ship leaves
tight lines