Gunn Point query

Your home if you fish from anything that isn't floating.
Elks2403
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Gunn Point query

Post by Elks2403 » Sat Sep 08, 2018 5:22 pm

Hi everyone.

Im just looking at heading to Gunn Point for a look tomorrow and seen some posts previously saying that there's a decent creek there that fishes well towards the high tide. Due to time restraints, i think I'll be limited to fishing mostly around the low. Is it worthwhile fishing on the low there or should i be focusing on somewhere else?

Thanks for your help!

Flickin4em
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: Gunn Point query

Post by Flickin4em » Sat Sep 08, 2018 6:30 pm

In my experience at the mouth ... it'll be dry by 3m you'd be better off at Saltwater arm ramp over the low... there's a deep hole above it (RHS). and decent rockbar below. Bring long pants and RID.

Also if you could snap a few pics of the current road conditions that'd be awesome .
Proudly supporting quality products by: LED Lenser, Lightforce, GoPro, Samsung, Lifeproof, Shimano, G.Loomis, Berkley, Owner, Rapala, Yozuri, Samaki, Storm, Zerek and Zman :)

Elks2403
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Elks2403 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 3:40 pm

Unfortunately I didnt make it out there in the end - spewing! But thanks for the advice nevertheless. At least i can be better prepared to do a proper trip out there soon.

I'll be sure to put up some pics after I've been.

Cheers

Flickin4em
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Flickin4em » Mon Sep 10, 2018 4:01 pm

Elks2403 wrote:Unfortunately I didnt make it out there in the end - spewing!
oh well .....more left for us next time :lol:

Take all the gear to get a few live mullet and kick back on the beach .. oh , and bring the swag and a few drinks : thats the go out that way. :drinking2:

the fish are just a bonus even to those dedicated few casting 1000s of times for just a handful of hits on prime headlands ...... fishing hard around dusk dawn and into the wee hours is the best for the few bigger barra out there elks :D

Best of luck with the next effort :fishing: ( check google maps )
Proudly supporting quality products by: LED Lenser, Lightforce, GoPro, Samsung, Lifeproof, Shimano, G.Loomis, Berkley, Owner, Rapala, Yozuri, Samaki, Storm, Zerek and Zman :)