King ash bay

Going this weekend? Planning a tour? Need info? A fishing partner? Just ask ...
Bushy
Gold Member
Gold Member

King ash bay

Post by Bushy »

Gday all, im planning a trip for April at King ash bay and was hoping anyone could share a bit of info on the place for me.
Plan is to fish the islands for a week and the river system for another week.
Any info on lures and areas to try would be good. I currently got 120 classics 6+ and the 10+ plus some gold bombers and halcos for out around the islands.
Hoping to get my young fella and old man onto some good bluewater fishing and barras so any help would be great as i havent been to this area before.
Is April a good time to be fishing this area both for barra and bluwater.
Also for tides of this area do people just use willyweather.
Cheers. Bushy

NinjaFish
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: King ash bay

Post by NinjaFish »

Mid April onwards is the best time for both blue water and Barra and the safest but watch the weather maps as I've been caught out by cyclones out there that came very late in the season. Early November is awesome if you just want to chase Barra and be the most uncomfortable you're ever going to be.

Willy weather is as good as any for tides etc but you will have big problems with reception.

I'd suggest using this site and printing off a few sheets (laminate one for the boat) although the tides seem to do funny things in the gulf at times.

https://nt.gov.au/marine/for-all-harbou ... n-nt-ports

I've probably broken all codes of conduct by posting these secret spots but figured a picture saves a lot of words and I believe I'm only giving out a few tips over a small area. After seeing so many folks travel thousands of km's to catch bugger all is not what the Territory promises. - A disclaimer of sorts :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
NinjaFish
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by NinjaFish »

Forgot to mention Bushy.
This is near 'Hotspot 3' in the FishFinder book.
Bushy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Bushy »

Noworries Ninjafish, thanks for that info i know exactly where you talking after looking in the fishfinder book.