Damaged Car at Daly River Boat Ramp

And jacks, salmon, jewfish - tell us how you went. NT, FNQ and Norwest.
jpb15
Seadog
Seadog

Damaged Car at Daly River Boat Ramp

Post by jpb15 »

Hi All,
Went Fishing Down the Daly, Friday to Tuesday.
Not Many Boats on the River, only seen about 5 or 6 Boats each Day.
On the Saturday, we arrived Back at the Boat Ramp, about 2.30, to Find the Car Wind Screen, and Drivers Side Window all Scratched up.
They Scratched in front of the Dash Camera, as well.
No other Damage done.
There was Only 2 Cars Parked at the Ramp, Mine, and another One, that was there when we arrived, about 8.00 am. He was Pulling out, at the same time as us. He is also a FFF Member.
The Wind Screen already had a decent Chip in it, from a Truck throwing a Stone at me, a Few Months ago, on the way down the Daly, and so the Scratched Windscreen, did not bother me that much.
The Drivers Side Window, did Sh1t me off a little, but I am thankfull, that they did not just Key the Car, causing a lot more Damage.
I have Reported it to the Police, but don't expect anything from it.

Go to Jump in my Cay Today, and notice a Small Dent, and Deep Scratch, on the Bonnet of the Car, that was not there Yesterday. Can't imagine, how it got there. I don't even think it was there Last Night, when I got home. I think I would have noticed it.

It has taken 23 Months, for me (Not Me) to Damage my New Car, which is about 20 Months longer, than I expected.

Now it has a Dent in it, I won't feel the Need, to Clean it as often. I guess that is a Bonus.

By the way, No Fish either. Only Caught a Few Rats.
20180818_145459.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sick of coming home Fishless
jeffish
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: Damaged Car at Daly River Boat Ramp

Post by jeffish »

:hunting: Just Dumb fuccks !!!!!!
hottuna
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by hottuna »

So sorry to read that. That rubbish absolutely makes my blood boil.
Respect for other people's property is one of the core values that I've drilled into my kids. It's a shame that so many people lack it, kids and adults alike.
Bluewater Dreamin'
Matt Flynn
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Matt Flynn »

Sorry to hear it jpb15.

It's everywhere, bad things down here too, including fairly regular shootings.
Lats
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Lats »

That's f.....d. Hope the s...ts get caught
MR126
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by MR126 »

Sorry to hear about the damage to your car jpb15. That's the last thing you want find after a fun day out fishing
Bushy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Bushy »

Sorry to hear that , to many dheads out there now with no respect for other people's property.
I herd of vanderlism at a ramp down pt vic SA, some dhead undoing your trailer wheel nuts etc.
STANDY
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by STANDY »

jpb15 wrote:Hi All,
Went Fishing Down the Daly, Friday to Tuesday.
Not Many Boats on the River, only seen about 5 or 6 Boats each Day.
On the Saturday, we arrived Back at the Boat Ramp, about 2.30, to Find the Car Wind Screen, and Drivers Side Window all Scratched up.
They Scratched in front of the Dash Camera, as well.
No other Damage done.
There was Only 2 Cars Parked at the Ramp, Mine, and another One, that was there when we arrived, about 8.00 am. He was Pulling out, at the same time as us. He is also a FFF Member.
The Wind Screen already had a decent Chip in it, from a Truck throwing a Stone at me, a Few Months ago, on the way down the Daly, and so the Scratched Windscreen, did not bother me that much.
The Drivers Side Window, did Sh1t me off a little, but I am thankfull, that they did not just Key the Car, causing a lot more Damage.
I have Reported it to the Police, but don't expect anything from it.

Go to Jump in my Cay Today, and notice a Small Dent, and Deep Scratch, on the Bonnet of the Car, that was not there Yesterday. Can't imagine, how it got there. I don't even think it was there Last Night, when I got home. I think I would have noticed it.

It has taken 23 Months, for me (Not Me) to Damage my New Car, which is about 20 Months longer, than I expected.

Now it has a Dent in it, I won't feel the Need, to Clean it as often. I guess that is a Bonus.

By the way, No Fish either. Only Caught a Few Rats.
20180818_145459.jpg
Hi mate, I was the other car/boat that pulled out at the same time. Got to my car and noticed no damage but you could see the hand prints in the dust on my drivers side window that they were looking in the car to see if there was anything to steal.
We slept on the boat each night across from the boat ramp and check d the car each afternoon as my car was the only one for a day or two to you pulled in Friday

Noticed the scratch on the bonnet on Saturday as I was checking your damage out by the way.

Where were you parked compared to me ? As surprised you got done and not me also.
A Fish in the Boat is Worth Five in the Shop.
al57
Seadog
Seadog

Post by al57 »

bl..dy oxcogen thieves,you work bl..dy hard for the things that we have and punks like this destroy it in 5 minutes ,chop there hands off i reckon .
bigwoody
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by bigwoody »

It seems common place stuff at quiet and remote boat ramps.

Makes paying a few bucks to leave your car at one of the many caravan parks at the Daly a cheap and secure option if your doing the overnight stay on the boat thing.
Optimistic Pessimist
Matt Flynn
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Matt Flynn »

Leaders Creek was a shocker until they built the facility out there, happens everywhere tho, drug abuse seems to be multiplying - look at latest USA stats
Sullo
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Sullo »

I bought an old Pajero for a couple of thousand just to tow my boat,dont even need to lock it.Ice is really bad around here nowdays