Daly dry season night fish

Going this weekend? Planning a tour? Need info? A fishing partner? Just ask ...
sgazzola88
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Daly dry season night fish

Post by sgazzola88 »

G'day guys,

Looking for some general info. Got a down south mate coming up the 28th of this month for a few days and wanna get him a decent barra.

Thinking of hitting up Daly for a night fish. Been plenty of times during run off but never done in it in dry and have some questions.

Is the locations for the fishing the same ie: creek mouths or should i be focusing more around Browns or the S-bends or in the snags along the golden mile?

Do the trusty old fizzers still work or they more quiet this time of year?

Thanks in advance for any info your willing to share and will give an update upon my return.

Matt Flynn
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Re: Daly dry season night fish

Post by Matt Flynn »

Browns has always been reliable at night. Fizzers should be OK, but you would try shallow minnows and plastics too.
Andy Grey
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: Daly dry season night fish

Post by Andy Grey »

Charlies fished very well last year on the run out tides..night or day but better at night as there was less Nomads in porta boats (no joke). Fizzers or poppers as always at night but also did well on the slow retrieve bombers or b52s or just unders. Browns fished ok too also but found it better further down the river. Do not forget your Thermocell or two. Last year there was huge amounts of floating timber to negotiate and at night this made for a fun trip..not. Make sure you got plenty of light and take it slow.
http:www.andrewgreyphotography.com.au