Fishing fix

Jewies, big reds, macks & more - tell us how you went. NT, FNQ and Norwest.
Chubbs93
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Fishing fix

Post by Chubbs93 »

Since selling my boat havent done a lot of fishing since billfish comp in Oct 2016. Decided to get a few lads together and hire a boat ended up getting a boat from wayne @ outback boat hire went with the 5.2 formosa. We planned to do a trip to shady but wasnt looking to good with rd being closed but to our luck it opened night before we got boat so shady was on!!

Left early and got on water just on day break headed down to mouth to find about 10 boats trolling sampan, threw a few lines out and made our way out marking channel as we went. Then hook up, stinkin p o w e r t a i l. Then we made a u turn and not long after we landed a threadie things were looking good by the time we got back to mouth there would have bn 20 odd boats trolling that soon grew to about 40 we seen 1 barra caught was a good one probably high 90's, plenty of threadies getting caught and the odd p o w e r t a i l to annoy everyone. We dropped a barra and lost a few threadies we ended up with 2 threadies.

The boys where getting itchy feet to hit reef as 2 of them hadnt caught big jewies, so we made our way out to a mark that never fails and sure enough they where there. We could have caught them all day it was great fun in shallow ground, it was only 2.5m deep, we lost quiet a few and they made us p..s on the odd occasion smashing us off on the reef. We lost some big ones but still managed a few in 120's biggest going 125 and smallest we caught was 104 we ended up keeping 6 and we got some goldies and cod so not a bad day.

Was good to get out on water again and get a fishing fix the lads were stoked with there jews, always good to see someone get there first big jew. Will have to plan another trip and hopefully snag a barra.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

jeffish
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: Fishing fix

Post by jeffish »

nice :mrgreen:yumoo :applause:
Edo
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Edo »

nice work Chubbs, ya killed it
theodosius
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by theodosius »

Well done!
ozdodge
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by ozdodge »

Great trip by the sound of it, good on ya!

Cheers
ozdodge

Don't crowd me - I'm likely to bite!
slamminsam
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by slamminsam »

Great trip. Well done
Tap'n'Zap
Seadog
Seadog

Post by Tap'n'Zap »

That's a good outing, well done.
aRobbo
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by aRobbo »

awesome catch!
jabsy
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by jabsy »

Good trip. Love that Jew reef, need to get out there again...