Speed camera

And jacks, salmon, jewfish - tell us how you went. NT, FNQ and Norwest.
joesgotone
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Speed camera

Post by joesgotone »

Went out yesterday from dinah beach. Hard day with only 1 barra at 56cm but saw 5 swimming in a group of three and 2m away another 2. Pack of buggers weren't feeding. Bkttom bashing only produced sharks.

But. On the way to the ramp got to the speed zone and joked to my companions that i was slowing for the speed camera. They saw the speed buoys and commented on it. Bit further on i noticed a unuasually equiped tinnie with a life ring on the back. Great to see the water police chasing the idiots that speed through this area near the ramp.

I would hate to live there in a yaught when half the boaties don't care about the speed limit.

Radar on the water, about time. May have just been checking safety gear but i am hoping for more.

Joe

how many is enough lures, rods and reels. Is there a magic number, considering you usually only catch 1 fish on a single lure on the one rod and reel your casting with.
theodosius
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: Speed camera

Post by theodosius »

That's BS. There shouldn't be yachts moored in and across the channel for 500m out from the main ramp in Darwin.
nomad
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by nomad »

I agree. Spoke to the harbour master about it. Get this. They can stay there if they are on a mooring (unlit even ok) BUT they can’t anchor there. How crazy is that?
BTW - there is a grneral speed limit of 5Kn within 30m of a moored vessel
theodosius
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by theodosius »

Yeah I get the 30m rule, fair enough. I just don't agree that you should be allowed to moor in a very narrow, busy channel. It is a massive harbour, just keep that small section clear of those semi-abandoned rotting old piles of junk